“Cousins visiting Cousins”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had 3 couples from New York going to New Orleans to visit their Cousins. The Hotel was very nice, big, clean, and the staff friendly. The other two couples had no problems, we however did. Upon check in at 3pm, our room wasn't ready. The others were. We didn't get our room until around 4pm. The pool was very nice. We all went there one afternoon. When we returned to our room, our keys wouldn't work. We were told we must have deactivated them. But while we were at the pool, they were not near a credit card or cell phone. One of the other couples had the same problem with their keys the next day, and was told, "Sorry, we had you checked out already, here is a free bottle of water". On our last night there, we returned to our room at 1:15am, only to find that housekeeping never made up the room. When I called the front desk to complain, they asked if I had left the do not disturb sign on the door. I told her "if I did do that, why would I being calling to ask why housekeeping never did the room.?" We did feel the Hotel was very expensive for what you got, a place to sleep. Breakfast was not included, and the buffet cost us over $60 for 2 people. The drinks in the bar were pricey as well. Overall we did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kim R

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great location directly off Bourbon street in the french quarter. Decent size rooms which were very clean and tidy.

The best part about this hotel was the lovely pool, perfect for sitting out during the heat of the day. Great to be so near all NOLA has to offer but be able to walk back within a minutes notice to take the weight off your feet and sit by the pool.

Would definitely come back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Very convenient location. Nice rooms, good bar. $35 parking per day! Ouch! Horrible pillows! I brought our pillows and left them in a best western in natchitoches, waaaa, sure was disappointed, for a nice hotel they sure have sucky pillows.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have been to New Orleans over 10 times, but I have to say The Bourbon Orleans is my favorite so fair. The staff was excellent! We were in New Orleans celebrating our honeymoon and the hotel room was perfect!! thanks so much, WE WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I were very pleased with the hotel in general. The rooms were comfortable and very clean, the staff was amazingly friendly, and the food was good. However there were a couple of significant downsides. 1) We had reserved and confirmed a Traditional King room. When we checked in they informed us that they had overbooked the hotel and could only provide us a queen room. I pushed back hard as it was my wife and I traveling, so they swapped our room with another person (single individual) from our group, who also had not checked in, giving us the king room and giving him the queen room. It's interesting that they did not have a king room available for us, but were able to swap with another individual that also had not checked in? 2) Our room was on the 2nd floor, at the corner of St. Ann and Bourbon Streets (no balcony). There was an extremely noisy bar directly across the street, which provided for appalling sleep quality, as they played loud music until 4 or 5 in the morning. Then about 6AM, the garbage trucks began picking up the trash, making more noise. I barely slept the first night. I wore ear plugs the 2nd and third nights, but still had fitful sleep. My wife slept terribly throughout the visit. Those in our group that had inside (courtyard) rooms, were very pleased with how quiet their rooms were. So my final message would be to book an inside room, and hope they don't overbook and place you in an outside room.

Room Tip: Request inside rooms, or rooms as high up as possible. Outside rooms on lower floors are extremely...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dallen0454
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Wow. That's all I can say. We have been traveling right through the US the past 4 weeks and this was by far my favorite property. The room (balcony king suite) was wonderful, the reception staff were extremely approachable and helpful and the location is spot on.

I would give this hotel 5 stars but seeing as we had a balcony we also got free of charge the noise of bourbon street, so the sleep quality was appalling. We only paid for a standard king and were upgraded, so it was a good but bad upgrade. We weren't even on bourbon st but still got the noise. Wear factory standard ear plugs and you'll sleep fine.

Disappointing but what can you do, it's bourbon st. after all. This aside it was a great stay, gorgeous hotel and amazing location. Request a room away from the strip, even better, ask for a room overlooking the courtyard pool, its gorgeous.

Room Tip: Room 335, quite a walk from the elevator, so try for a lower room number and all the rooms on this s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RPK89
Reviewed October 13, 2013

If you're looking for a quaint quiet hotel in the heart of the French Quarter look no further. The service was impeccable and personable at all levels of staff. Fantastic bloody Mary's on Sunday in the foyer. Staff always greeted you with a smile, hotel was clean, and the pool was lovely. The only downsides were the business group took their smoking break in the pool area and although the sheets were fantastic I wasn't a fan of the plastic waterproof lined mattress cover. Carrie at the Bourbon O bar was an amazingly adorable mixologist - her mint julep and Pimm's cup should not be missed. Roger II and all the bellmen are charming southern gentlemen.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends