“Quaint hotel, very reasonable price”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #7 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I'm very picky about hotel hygiene, and for the price this hotel is great. Overall, the rooms are very clean and have up to date, large flatscreen TV's. The bathroom could have been a tad cleaner but not teaumatizing. Beds are very clean and comfortable. The regular queen rooms are small but quaint; however, I recommend the loft qeen room; it works well if you have kids because they can sleep on the sleeper sofa downstairs, and the room design is just cool. The hotel is a great location; right behind St Peters and right in the middle of everything you want to walk to. The best part of the hotel is the breakfast; Tim the server was exceptional, the food high quality at a reasonable price. My only issue was checking out; I'm very proactive; we prepaid our rooms directly through the hotel (no online stuff) and they did not complete this correctly which caused problems, but they were very courtious about resolving. Overall, we will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your review and I am happy to hear you had a great stay. Our recent renovations, as you mentioned, included 42" flat screen TV's, IHome Docking stations and new bedding just to mention a few things. Our Loft Suites provide great views of the French Quarter while you relax and people watch with a nice cup of complimentary coffee or a refreshing cocktail from our Bar. Our restaurant offers a great breakfast to start your day before strolling the streets to enjoy the sights and sounds of the area. We look forward to having you back as our guest next time you travel to the Big Easy!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,519)

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Bourbon Orleans from August 5th-9th. We were on the third floor in a two floor suite which overlooked St. Louis Cathedral and Bourbon St. The room was clean and spacious. The noise at night was to be expected when staying in a room facing Bourbon St. The staff were very welcoming. Everyone was super nice. The location cannot be beat. You are in the heart of everything. My husband and I had an amazing time and the hotel added to our trip. The pool is lovely, the lobby is fantastic and the coffee in the morning was great. They even had iced tea and fruit water in the afternoons. Now, as for the haunting I did experience one of the ghosts. The one that came to visit me was the Confederate soldier. I sensed him the first night when he sat on the foot of out bed. By the second night he knew I could see him so he made his appearance at my bedside. He has a name.. His name is Earnest. He wanted his story told.. He came back from battle to New Orleans with a message for someone but before he could deliver it he was wounded. The wound was fatal killed him. He is not a scary soldier that roams the halls dragging his sword. He is a young man in his mid 20's with dark hair. He doesn't mean to scare anyone. This is what I was told.

1  Thank momtoaandj
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thanks for a great review and I am so happy to hear you and your husband had a great visit to our Historical Hotel! Our Loft Balcony suites offer our guests a great view of the French Quarter and the sights and excitement on the streets below. The special "extras" are refreshing and a welcomed treat to our guests. I am so happy to hear you had a visit from one of our "special residents" and that you were able to tell his story! Please come back and stay with us again when your travels bring you back to New Orleans!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were traveling as a family and asked for the rooms to be next to each other. When we arrived there was a problem with the rooms they originally assigned but quickly and graciously reassigned our rooms and gave us what we needed. The rooms are very nice, as we had no idea what to expect we were happily surprised. Great, great, great location. Will definitely stay there again and recommend to anyone that asks.

Room Tip: If you do not want to hear any street noise, as for a courtyard room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for taking time to write a review and I am so happy to hear our staff was able to accommodate your room change request without any problems. Our location in the heart of the French Quarter puts you within walking distance of all the sights, sounds and excitement that makes this area of New Orleans so special. I thank you again for your review and look forward to having you and your family as our guests in the future!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband came to this hotel for my birthday back in home of Nawlins (August 3rd-8th). Was met with friendly valets (Shout-Out to Louis!) and, staff. The check-in was a breeze. Louis was so kind and, wished me a Happy Birthday several times with an oh so sweet "Welcome Home Christy!" (Nawlins is my birthplace). To hear happy birthday was great but, to hear welcome home was so much sweeter.

As I looked around the living room, I was surprised to see (with tears) a bottle of champagne (ice cold in a bucket), 2 champagne glasses, 2 VIP pin, a birthday card and, a birthday note personally signed by the general manger HIMSELF wishing me an happy birthday and, welcoming me home. I cried!!! I have never felt so welcomed at a hotel in my life. I felt so, so, so... I have no words for it. I was overcome by emotions! What an AWESOME beginning to my trip back home. I am so appreciative to Bourbon Orleans for doing that for little oh me. THANK YOU BOH!!

So, with all that said.... The staff was so friendly. Whatever I needed, they served. The food was oh so good. They have the BEST pizza my husband and I have EVER had! Their breakfast food is some of the best I've had! Their mimosas was good too with fruit to make it extra pretty and good.

It was a bit loud outside and, it traveled into our room. The walls in the rooms are a bit thin but, not too much. The front desk sent up ear plugs and, they worked! Remind you, our room was at the corner of Bourbon St. so, the loudness is to be expected. If you bring a fan, you're good to go.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!! You are a block from Bourbon St., a block from Royal St., St. Louis Cathedral in eyesight and a small walk to Cafe Du Monde. You are in the prime location of everything happening in the French Quarter. Do you need groceries to get you by with your stay? You are a small walk from Rouses on Royal St, to get whatever you need. Great location!

The hotel has a NO SMOKING policy but, if you have a room adjoined with a balcony, you can smoke on the balcony but ONLY if you have a balcony.. You can smoke at the pool area but, that's about the only places you can smoke at BOH. Bring an ashtray if you have a balcony room because BOH does not furnish one. Also, the rooms do have a refrigerator but, none of the rooms have a microwave.

All in all, the staff and valets was friendly. My husband and I felt so welcomed! We will definitely return to BOH in the future. Can't wait!

Bourbon Orleans Hotel, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the hospitality, my birthday cards, notes and champagne! Your staff is A+ and, deserve all the accolades that one gets for a job well done!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

WOW!! What a GREAT review!! I am so thrilled to hear our hotel and staff made your "Homecoming and Birthday Celebration" one that you will remember for a long time to come. As you mentioned, our location is the best in the French Quarter! Located behind the St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson Square and a half block from the excitement of Bourbon Street, you could not ask for a better place to be! I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff and I hope your next visit home will bring you back to our hotel.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 6 nights and had a wonderful time. The rooms were large and very clean. We were 1/2 block from Bourbon St. and heard NO street noise. This hotel is close to everything, no need for a car, ever. The staff was the happiest hotel staff I have ever seen, you can tell that they really enjoy going to work, from the doormen and bell staff, front desk, cleaning and wait staff everyone was pleasant. The Gen. Manager Mark Wilson is friendly, outgoing and open to suggestions on the Hotel. I can't wait to return, I stayed 7-28 thru 8-3
Bonnie

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool are quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bondoobie

I would like to thank you for writing a wonderful review about your recent stay and I'm so happy you and your husband had a great time. Our location in the heart of the French Quarter makes everything you would want to do during your visit within walking distance from our front door. I will be sure to pass along your compliments about our staff to everyone and thank you for your acknowledgement. We look forward to having you back with us the next time your travels bring you back to New Orleans!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Lovely hotel in a prime location in the French Quarter. There is some history to the hotel, but I am not sure what it is. Look it up if you are into that sort of thing. Besides the history, it is still an old yet modern hotel with good clean rooms, beds, and bathrooms. I wish I would have checked out the pool while I was there, but time was limited.

There is also a bar connected to the hotel that is right off of Bourbon and gets touristy at night. it is still a fun atmosphere to be in.

Tip: If you are in a car, you will have to get it valeted unless you park in a lot on Decatur which is a little walk and might cost more.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies. You might want to ask for that.
1  Thank RovingProfessor

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. As you mentioned, we are located in the heart of the French Quarter making it an ideal location to stroll along the historic streets stopping in the many shops, restaurants and attractions that makes New Orleans a top city to visit. Our newly renovated rooms offer the latest in modern amenities while keeping the "Old World Charm" of our historic hotel. Our beautiful and inviting bar offers the freshest cocktails in town and as our guest you are given a complimentary drink coupon to enjoy at your leisure. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you visit New Orleans!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My partner and I vacationed in New Orleans and stayed at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. We were NOT disappointed. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by a very friendly staff. We stayed in a loft room. It was very nice, roomy, and quiet. The breakfast was fantastic, and the wait staff (particularly Mark and Jonas) were fantastic. The hotel is in a perfect location for the French Quarter. Overall, a fantastic stay! We are planning on returning to New Orleans and will most definitely stay at the Bourbon Orleans!

Well done, Bourbon Orleans Hotel!

1  Thank ScotchIndiana

So happy to hear you and your partner had a great visit to New Orleans and were pleased with our hotel. A Balcony Loft Suite provides our guests with a Bird's Eye View of the Sights and Sounds of the French Quarter, an experience that everyone should have at least once. I appreciate the nice compliments regarding our staff and will be sure to pass along your sentiments to the two outstanding associates you mentioned. So happy to hear we are your hotel choice when traveling to New Orleans and look forward to your next visit!