“Historic and Exquisite”

Ranked #11 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Des Moines, Iowa
“Historic and Exquisite”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were immediately entranced by the beauty and luxury of this hotel when we walked through the door. The staff were courteous, helpful, and working there because they legitimately loved New Orleans and working for the hotel. The bartenders were extremely knowledgeable and never short on good conversation, while the bar itself was a safe oasis from the rabble outside on Bourbon Street. While you're there get a sazerac or an absinthe drip, they will make it the way it was meant to be made. The rooms are spacious and inviting, the bathrooms are fit for a king, and the beds are eager to take you into their warm, enveloping embrace.

Room Tip: We stayed on the Northeast side of the hotel with a view of the pool and couldn't have gotten a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank James_B37835
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your WONDERFUL comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. The "Old World Charm" of this great hotel has our guests feel as though they have stepped out of a History Book while at the same time the modern renovations to all our guest rooms provide you with the conveniences you should well expect from a hotel of our caliber. Our new Bar Manager has added some wonderful and refreshing cocktail choices to our vast list of libations in our newly renovated bar. The elegant surroundings are a nice alternative to the other establishments on Bourbon Street. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time your travels bring you back to New Orleans!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,513)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Everything about this place was great! From location to service, I couldn't have asked for a better place to spend my bday! My favorite part though had to be the friendliness of the door men. Any time I had a question about where to go or how to get there they were ready with great suggestions.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for selecting our hotel to celebrate your Birthday and a special thank you for your wonderful comments! Our location is without a doubt, the best in the French Quarter when stepping out the front door puts you in the heart of the most historical and walkable area of New Orleans. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our Valet and Bell Staff. We look forward to your next visit!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The balcony loft was a great stay. There was a small misunderstanding about our room, but no fear... The staff was very quick to fix, and the balcony room we were given was super nice. Love the stay we will be returning in September for The SAINTS!!!! WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JennJW
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
So happy to hear your stay at our hotel was great and that you enjoyed your balcony loft suite giving you incredible views of the French Quarter. We look forward to having you as our guest again in September while cheering our Saints on to Victory! Who Dat!!!
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My gf and I stayed here for a night to get a feel for the quarter. We loved our stay. Check in was quick and efficient and we were upgraded for free. We had a balcony room on orleans - almost on the corner of orlean and bourbon. As previous reviewers had said it can be a little noisy towards bourbon but since we were expecting it this wasn't a big deal.
Overall we had a great stay and time. For the value and location I can't imagine staying at a better place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a GREAT review about your recent stay at the hotel! Our Balcony Loft Suites are very popular and provide INCREDIBLE views of the Sights and Sounds of Bourbon Street. I agree, it can be a little noisy but our Front Desk Staff will be happy to provide complimentary ear plugs to help block out some of the noise so you can sleep. We look forward to having you and your girlfriend with us again!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently did a road trip across the US and had the opportunity to stay in over 20 different properties throughout the country. I have to say that my stay at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel in New Orleans was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. The room was spacious, clean and classy, and the food was unbelievable. Every traveler MUST stay here during their time in New Orleans.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Jovana A
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a glowing review about your stay at our hotel during your recent cross country trip. With numerous French Quarter Hotel choices available, I am grateful you decided to stay with us. Our recent renovations to our guest rooms provide you with comfortable beds and upgraded amenities including 42" flat screen TV's and Free WiFi with iHome docking stations. Again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to having you as our guest the next time your travels bring you back to the Big Easy!
Greenfield, Indiana
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I really enjoyed most things about my stay in early July, Great location and excellent service by all staff,

Bar was nice, We had a 6th floor courtyard overlooking the pool. Room service breakfast was very good. I will stay here again.

Two complaints.

1; I asked for some extra time before checking and was told it would be an extra $50. I was only asking for an hour!

2. Parking was high priced and when I asked for the car,they told me it would be 45 minutes. That is too long,but wait time was actually an hour. Unacceptable.

I would stay again but would make other parking arrangements,

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are quiet and being so close to Bourbon Street was not even noticeable.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was the perfect place to stay to attend the French Quarter Festival. Right in the middle of all of the action, as it is located directly behind Jackson Square and St Louis Cathedral. It also is on Bourbon Street, so we were right in the mix of things for our nighttime activities. Everyone was so very nice. It was raining on Sunday morning, and I wanted to walk to church, but did not have an umbrella. The valet asked another valet via radio to retrieve my umbrella from my vehicle, and when I was ready to leave for church, it was waiting for me at the valet stand. The room was nice, bedding was comfortable. I will be staying at the Bourbon Orleans again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AcajunAnna
I am so happy to hear you had a great time at our hotel when you were in town for French Quarter Festival. Yes, we are located in the Heart of the French Quarter putting us in the middle of all the action for this ever growing and very popular festival. It's comforting to know you have a room nearby to relax for a while before hitting the streets again enjoying all the sights, sounds and great food this event has to offer. I will be certain to thank our valet team on your behalf for the "extras" they provided. We look forward to having you back for the 2014 French Quarter Festival!