“Amazing southern hospitality in the heart of the French Quarter”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Stittsville, Canada
“Amazing southern hospitality in the heart of the French Quarter”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We just spent 5days in New Orleans and this was a welcome place to call "home" during that time.
It is walking distance to everything in the French quarter and has so much character and history.
The staff ensure that it is sparking clean, the pool is cleaned first thing every morning, the public areas are spotless and every staff member has a smile and warm "good morning" when you meet them. This is the place to experience true southern hospitality.
The cleaning staff made sure we came home everyday to a clean room stocked with fresh water and towels.
Iced tea was available in the lobby every afternoon and fresh coffee very morning.
This is the place to come home to in the French Quarter of New Orleans!

Room Tip: If you want to avoid the noise of Bourbon Street at night, ask for a poolside room. Make sure you r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank bbcc1313

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,546)
Houston
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Bourbon Balcony Suite - a lot of noise from Bourbon St up to about 5-6am but that is expected w room that faces the street. If you want something quieter make sure not to get a room that does not face Bourbon. The suite itself was roomy and good for entertaining. My issues were the entire room had very strong smell of smoke when we checked in despite the no smoking signs all over the room. I had 2 kids and an infant so I complained and they put an extractor machine in the room for an hour and that helped. My other big issue was when we opened up the sofa bed for my kids to sleep, they had 4-5 tiny roaches/bugs crawling all over. If i saw that many than definitely their are more hidden. I called for xtra sheets and blankets and had my kids sleep on the floor upstairs next to the bed. No way i could risk putting them on the sofa and having one of those crawl in their ears etc. I let mgmt on check out the following day and was supposed to hear back from him but 3 days have passed and no response. For the amount paid for that suite some type of refund/credit is in order. Aside from that the room has spacious 1st floor living area and hotel staff was friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Alberto G
BourbonOrleansHotel, General Manager at Bourbon Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for selecting the Bourbon Orleans Hotel for your recent visit. We make every effort to ensure every guest experience is outstanding and unfortunately we did not meet your expectations while you were our guest. We take this concern very seriously and have taken action to inspect the room and ensure its cleanliness. This is certainly not our standard and I would like to speak with you personally to address these issues. Please feel free to email me at mark.wilson@bourbonorleans.com, so that we may set up a time that is convenient for you to discuss.
Baldwin, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the bourbon Orleans hotel from may 29-june 3 and had a great experience... There were very good things about the hotel, including speedy check in, (our hotel room was ready within an hour of us getting there) the concierge was helpful in determining the activities we would participate in, the pool area was great, our rooms were clean and HUGE and it wasn't noisy (which we were worried about because of its location) but it was extremely quiet at night in our room. The location is absolutely perfect. The not so good: hotel bar closes early, pool closes at 11, no "snack food" available at hotel, and in the afternoon the sun would be blocked by the hotel walls at the pool. Overall great stay

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank RNtravelers
Kannapolis, North Carolina
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I rarely give out 5 stars, because I always feel a place can improve. We were very happy with our stay here. The room was very comfortable, great beds, friendly staff and the water with fruit they serve in the lobby is great when it is hot outside. The hallways were a little narrow with low ceilings which I found strange since they redid this hotel. We did receive two complimentary drinks at the bar which we never got around to using. It is worth staying here just for the location. So nice to go out to Bourbon Street and not have far to travel back to your room. I was not happy with the $36 valet fee a day, so we found a parking garage cheaper and parked ourselves. I understand there is limited parking in NOLA, I just wish the hotels had their own lots. I did not have a problem with noise but once, when it sounded like the people next to us had children that was screaming right by the ajourning door but I never saw any kids, kinda spooky. The hotel has a lot of history so grab some of the brochures in the lobby. Did not eat at the restaurant. For the right price we would stay here again.

Room Tip: I'm not sure I would pay the premium for a balcony room. The hotel isn't overlooking the pa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank angie_r30
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My first time staying here, I was presently surprised! Nice Hotel, Nice Rooms and best location in the French Quarter. You could not get any central than this location. If you are driving to the hotel, it is simple to get to, just head up Royal Street and take a right on Orleans Street. Use Valet Parking, it will be less stress. I will be staying here again for sure. Troy Moore Denver

Room Tip: ask to stay on the 2nd floor, that way, after you get your luggage in the room, you can use the stai...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
SD
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We recently stayed at the Bourbon Orleans. It is a wonderful hotel with a perfect location in the center of the French Quarter. The staff was very polite and helpful. Especially the doorman Caleb. The rooms were very clean and had very comfortable beds. We had an interior room overlooking the pool. It was quiet at night. I highly recommend this property and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Fortuna, California
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were in New Orleans for a family reunion with my 5 siblings and our spouses. We selected the Bourbon Orleans Hotel for its location and reputation. The hotel was wonderful. Our room was large, spacious and very clean. The bed was comfortable. Our room window faced St Ann Street and the others in my family had rooms facing the courtyard. Both locations proved to be quiet. The air conditioning worked well and was very quiet. The staff at the front desk and at the kiosk outside the door were very friendly and helpful. We gathered in the spacious lobby each day to visit and make plans for the day. In the morning there was fresh coffee and in the afternoon there was iced tea and iced water with fresh fruit in it. The hotel is a half block from the back of the St Louis Cathedral. Be sure to look toward the river at night when exiting or returning to the hotel :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family