“"Great Hotel and Staff"”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Asheville, North Carolina
“"Great Hotel and Staff"”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The folks at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel were extremely accommodating and very friendly. When we were not happy with the location of our room on the first night we called the front desk and even though they did not have a room available that night they blocked out a better one for the remainder of our stay. The next morning they asked us to pack our bags before we left for our walking tour and when we returned we had been moved into our new room! To our surprise this room overlooked the beautiful courtyard and pool. We were thrilled! We would recommend this hotel for many reasons, but primarily because of the friendly staff, cleanliness and perfect location to everything in the quarter.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard/pool....it is very quiet at night and beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,523)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I can't say enough nice things about the Bourbon Orleans Hotel in New Orleans. My husband and I stayed 4 nights and had a wonderful stay!

Booking - I booked our stay online and had no problems. I used the promo code here on Trip Advisor to get the bed and breakfast package for free - bonus!

Location - This hotel is PERFECTLY located! It is about 1/2 block off Bourbon Street and 1/2 block off of St. Louis Cathedral - so right in the heart of the French Quarter! We wanted someplace where we could walk to everything and this was it!

Check In - We arrived in New Orleans about 11am and after a short cab ride were at the hotel around noon. We got our room right away without any delay. The check-in girl was very welcoming and gave us all of our vouchers and keys, carefully explaining them all.

Room - We were in Room 505 - which is a balcony room that faces Orleans Street, but not too close to Bourbon Street. Don't get me wrong, we head street noise each night we were there (especially Friday night), but knew that would happen with a balcony room facing the street...which we wanted for atmosphere and to be able to sit and people watch in the morning and at night. It's not crazy loud, but you will hear people. Our room was lovely. A lot of the reviews here talk about the small size of the rooms, but I didn't find ours small...not huge, but not small. We had a king sized bed with fabulously comfy bedding and pillows. There was an iphone/ipod charger on the alarm clock which was handy. The TV was a nice, large size with a remote which you don't always find in hotels. The closet was decent sized with an ironing board and iron which we needed this trip. Also in the main room was a little cubby type area where the coffee maker was located - however this had an outlet and made a perfect place for me to straighten and do my hair outside of a steamy or occupied bathroom! The bathroom itself was actually quite large. Only a shower, no tub, but no big deal to us this trip.

Restaurants - We had vouchers for breakfast each morning, so we ate at Roux on Orleans four times. The vouchers state that you can only get the Classic Breakfast - 2 eggs any style, choice of breakfast meats (smoked bacon, andouille sausage, or ham I think), grits or breakfast potatoes, and toast...with any beverages you would like (coffee, tea, soda, juice). The first two days we each ordered the Classic which is ALOT of food. And yummy traditional breakfast food. My eggs were perfect and had a little cheese on them the second day. My hubby liked the crispness of the bacon while I loved the andouille sausage. The grits were ok I guess, but I preferred the breakfast potatoes. And toast is toast! They do have butter balls and jelly on the table for you. The third day we were there the waitress said we could order anything on the menu since "it wasn't our first day." I ordered the pancakes with both fresh berries and a butter pecan syrup, which both came on the side, as well as more andouille sausage...YUMMY! The syrup and berries totally made the dish! My hubby got an omelette that day which he said was also good. The last day was Saturday morning when they have a buffet which they let us use our voucers on. Many of the same items we had eaten other days and still as yummy. Plus I tried a breakfast sandwich which was ok - ham which is not my favorite...would have been awesome with the sausage on the croissant instead! We did not eat dinner there during our stay - was never very crowded from what we could tell.

Bar - The Bourbon "O" is an attached bar that faces Bourbon Street, but I don't think is owned by the hotel. We had 4 vouchers as part of our package. The bartenders seemed attentive and made me a yummy fruity drink with whipped cream vodka when I asked for a suggestion. The manager (new according to her!) made my visits though when she had me try a new drink she was making - an adult version of a rootbeer float with local run, local rootbear, and local ice cream...THE BEST!!! I used my second voucher another night to order this "Creole Float" - try it, it's amazing! The bar was never too crowded and kind of quiet for Bourbon Street which I appreciated. There was live piano music and singing on Friday night which livened it up just a little bit.

Pool - So many pictures online of this pool, but much smaller than person than I thought it would be. Seemed to be enough chairs for a cooler-than-normal-mid-May, but when it's warmer I bet it gets crowded. Looked clean and with plenty of towel available.

Business Center - This is just 2 computers by the elevators on the main level where you can buy internet time (like $6 or $8 I can't remember for 15 minutes) or use for free to print out boarding passes. More than enough for our needs.

Customer Service - Everybody we encountered went above and beyond with customer service. NO complaints.

Lobby - FYI there is iced tea and cool water in the lobby in the afternoons and coffee in the mornings. Nice extra.
Check Out - We used Express Checkout and put it all on the card on file so nothing more than turning in our keys!

Room Tip: A balcony on Orleans Street will have street noise, but not overwhelming, and you get a great place...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skbomaha
Calgary
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We recently stayed at the Bourbon Orleans and really enjoyed it! Rooms were clean and stylish we really liked the art deco shower in our room. Restaurant for breakfast is very good with large portions. Location is perfect as you can walk almost anywhere, or take a short cab ride if need be. Staff was very friendly and courteous, and helpful as well. This will be my choice going forward when I venture to New Orleans.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dean L
Indianapolis
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I booked this hotel for our family's reunion. There were 6 couples in 6 rooms. we were greeted by friendly personnel and offered a drink upon our arrival. The hotel is in a great location in the middle of the Quarter, a couple of blocks from Jackson Square. My wife and I plan to stay there on our next trip.

Room Tip: best to stay on the courtyard side. Rooms over Bourbon St. might be noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of days and also got married at the hotel. The hotel staff was courteous and attentive to our every need. Nothing but positive things to say about the hotel and its exceptional staff. Upon checking in we were automatically upgraded to the loft suite for our first night. This hotel will continue to get my business anytime I return to New Orleans.

• Stayed May 2013
Stacy, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Convenient to everything you'd want to do in the French Quarter.
Beautiful, historic building. Comfortable rooms. Professional, friendly staff.
Every effort was made to accommodate any & all requests.
No complaints - loved it!

Room Tip: Rooms are all a little noisy. It's New Orleans! People are not going to go quietly! :-) Enjoy!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Manteca, California
Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you were to visit an esteemed and accomplished family that lived in New Orleans 100 years ago, chances are they owned a stately city-home similar to the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. Take a trip back in time, and experience southern elegance, charm, grace, and grandeur at its best. Classic, Clean, comfortable, quiet, posh, & charming. That says a lot coming from an experienced hotelier, however we were impressed from the moment we arrived.

The hotel offers superb curb appeal, "white-glove service" and amazing architecture of yesteryear. Our rooms were smartly renovated and well appointed with luxurious crisp white linen, beautifully polished hardwood floors, decorated with rich bold colors remnant of the old south. The hotel is conveniently located in the French Quarters on Bourbon & Orleans Street. Our room had a fantastic view of Bourbon Street, and yet we hardly heard any noise inside. Our hotel suite was finely prepared, and freshly cleaned. We were pleased to find classic jazz playing softly on the desk radio, a befitting welcome to New Orleans vibrant jazz culture. In the evening we sat on the veranda-like porch, which is an extension of the hotel bar. The porch overlooked Bourbon Street, which allowed us to comfortably remain seated enjoying cocktails while yet being part of the festivities. The service is top-notch detail oriented, and customer focused, just what you’d expect from “southern hospitality”. We're pleased with our stay, and reassured on our next visit we will be visiting our "old-friend’s city-home” at Bourbon Orleans Hotel. Excellence Uncompromised.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends