7,356 results
All reviewsloft suitegreat locationfrench quarterjackson squarelouis cathedralbeautiful hotelhotel barcafe duroyal streetloved this hotelvalet parkingstreet noisemardi grasrouxbalconynolaaction
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was our first trip to NOLA. I picked Bourbon Orleans based on site pictures and reviews. Our queen suite overlooking Calle de Orleans was a good pick. The view was great. The room was great. Some Bourbon street noise filtered down the block, but not enough to keep us awake.
This locaton is perfect. We walked everywhere all week long and after shopping or eating we were able to return to the room to recharge without going out of the way.
All the staff we dealt with were friendly and accomodating. Special thanks to Louis and Mario out front. I will definitely stay here again.
I recommend the Penguin Backstage pass at the aquarium. the World War II museum, Irene's, Acme Oyster House, Gumbo shop,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Staying at this hotel was mostly a good experience with one minor irritation. The location of the hotel was ideal, a very short walk from most things you would want to see or do in the French Quarter. The room was clean and the staff was always nice and helpful. This however was also the irritation. Although the room was large and had plenty of room it had only one desk chair in it and that was the the sum total of places to seat down. Since I was with my wife, this meant that one of us had to seat on the bed the entire time we were in the room. When I finally went to the front desk and ask for a extra chair, they delivered a small conference room chair which was not exactly comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My BFF and I stayed at the Bourbon Orleans from May 9 - 15, 2013 to celebrate our 40th birthdays. The hotel is located in the French Quarter on the corner of Bourbon Street and Orleans Street. Upon arrival, we were pleasantly greeting by the bellman, who always opened the doors for us throughout our stay. The lobby area is beautiful and well kept - very striking décor. Check in was quick and the front desk staff were very friendly.

We reserved a Vieux Carre room, located on the 2nd floor and overlooking the courtyard. We had the option of a room facing either Bourbon or Orleans street, or the courtyard/pool. As the noise level increases at night, we felt that choosing a courtyard view room would be better for a good night's sleep! This room consisted of two queen beds (extremely comfy), a sitting area with two large wing chairs placed in front of the window, and an adequately sized desk and chair. The room also had a wet bar area at the back of the room. The bathroom was huge; nice long vanity and mirror and a large walk in shower. This was obviously recently renovated. We were very pleased with our room choice; lots of room for two gals with too many clothes! There was also a large double sized closet and locking safe.

The location of this hotel couldn't get any better! Minutes from Jackson Square and steps from Bourbon Street (but at the quieter end). Having walked all through the F.Q., we both agreed that this hotel was an excellent choice as far as location. We did not eat in the hotel restaurant as we felt there were too many other restaurants and cafes in the French Quarter that we wanted to try. Nor did we go into the bar, even though we were given two free drinks from there. It was always pretty quiet in that bar, except for Saturday night, which seemed to liven up a bit. There's a great jazz club called Fritzel's right across the street that we frequently a lot.

There are only a few minor things that the hotel could improve on in order to make it just that much better. We felt our room was poorly lit; adding one or two floor lamps would make a world of difference. There were some mornings where it took a few minutes to get hot water in the shower. I had to leave it run for a while before hopping in, but it eventually came and was plenty hot! The housekeeping tidied the room daily; made the beds and wiped the counter in the bathroom, but that appeared to be all. Although the room was fairly clean, it would have been nice if they would have vacuumed during our stay. These are just minor things; they won't make or break your stay!

My friend and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and would not hesitate to stay here again if we were ever returning to New Orleans. We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice of hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank changr
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Right in the middle of the French Quarter.
The rooms were not as noisy as other reviews have stated.
The rooms were very clean. And I am very picky.
The pillows on the bed were like bricks...this is my only negative about the hotel. I now understand why people travel with their own pillows.
All of our traveling friends said they would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard/pool. Did not hear any sounds of Bourbon ST.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I liked the location the best of all. It's at the heart of New Orleans' French quarter/bourbon street area. The attention to detail in room service items could be improved on such as condiments and extra specific items requested. Staying in New Orleans is a room service kind of stay. But other than that one particular issue everything else was magnificent. The rooms were clean and so was the entire hotel. You got to go out on the town by walk everywhere except to the fairgrounds and back. The Hotel staff is very upbeat when you need something and they leave you alone when you want them to. We have been to 6 Jazz Fests so far and this one this year was yet another to remember.

• Stayed: May 2013