“" Exceptional place to stay"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bourbon Orleans Hotel

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Maple Heights, Ohio
“" Exceptional place to stay"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was my husband and my first trip to NOLA. So, I researched extensively for hotels. I took in what friends and trip advisors said,checked reviews.This was a phenomenal choice for loction ,sitting on Orlean street between Royal and Bourbon Street. Right in the middle of the French Quarters. Jackson sqaure about a half block at the end of royal and Louis Armstrong Park ,Congo Square at the other end. It could not get any better than this. the hotel staff,from the bell boy to the door man (Mario)to the front desk staff (Kioanna) who i had conversation with before my trip . She delivered everything she had promised. The restaurant waiter (Jonas) was exceptional eventhou we only ate in the hotel once,it was not disappointing. I can't begin to mention everyone we encounter , They were all well trained in customer service. WE had a King facing the courtyard on the 3rd floor right off the elevator .No noise from Bourbon street.Some elevator traffic but not enough to concern us.The wall were quite thin we could hear voices from the room next to us.I was disappointed that a hotel of this quality didn't have a refrigerator included. We had to rent one for $30.00 for our stay. I would have like more closet space,we literally live out of our suitcaes,for the most part. The hotel decor was tastefully done nice updates and touches. Bathroom was done in black granite. only had a shower know tub. I would have appreciated a nice soak after a long day of touring and walkin the French Quarters. There was not much happening in the hotel bar Bourbon O. But, that was okay change from the business of Bourbon street. Nice place to have a last cocktail of the evening.

Room Tip: If you want quite when you return to your room request a court yard. Don't not get any thing sma...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IluvD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,484)
Hauppauge, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

My first time to NO with my wife , short visit . found Bourbon Orleans in Trip Advisor . great pick . Location in the middle of the French quarter...Backs up to Bourbon Street on 1 side with the front of hotel on the quieter and picturesque Orleans street .. its 1/2 block from Jackson Square. Hotel staff were 'very' friendly & helpful... room was clean and pleasant.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on upper floorr and stayed on the top floor (6th) which had a smaller window th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rick_S_0000
Warren, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at the Bourbon Orleans right after Katrina. When I learned it was one of the hotels for the conference I was attending in 2013 I immediately called to make my reservation. The location is great, the staff exceptional, and the rooms comfortable. I've stayed in hotels all over the country and the Bourbon Orleans has great character. One other plus is that it is right across the street from the Grapevine, a wine bar and resaurant with amazing food and a fabulous staff. And of course the food at the hotel is tasty, too. If I have the good fortune to return to New Orleans, I will stay at the Bourbon Orleans.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ReaderKitty
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We just returned from a business/personal couples weekend with friends. I had stayed in another hotel a few months past and it was off Bourbon closer to Canal street. While we loved our stay there- this hotel is by far the better choice. The location could not be more perfect, close to almost everything you would want to see or do in the French Quarter. Some of our party have walking difficulties and this location puts you close enough that you can see and do almost everything without a lot of extra walking.
Our room was very large, the bed very comfortable. The room was clean and well appointed, the cleaning service attentive. The staff were all wonderful- and after a few days we felt the doormen in particular knew us and anticipated our needs.
What surprised us was how quiet the hotel was at night. Standing between popular Bourbon street and Jackson Square I expected to have trouble sleeping. Our room did face the inner pool though our friends were directly on Bourbon street and they had no problems with noise at night either.
We did eat a couple breakfasts at the hotel- there was plenty to choose from and the prices were not horrible. You can, however, get a much more reasonable breakfast if you're willing to walk just a couple blocks to the Coffee Pot or our one of our other favorites: Mena's Cafe or Cafe Begniet.
For dinner we did visit a couple higher end restaurants but if you are in the mood for one of the best burgers you can get in New Orleans at the best price imaginable- hop one street over to St. Peter's and stop in at Yo Mama's.

Room Tip: We found the inside rooms (facing the poor courtyard) to be quiet at night.
1 Thank Wyoming_traveler_2
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

perfect location... within walking distance to everything in the french quarter. Booked an exterior balcony facing st. ann. the views were awesome... the noise from the bars underneath was LOUD... into 2,3, o clock in the morning. maybe a room facing orleans or the pool may have been less noisy?... but the views were awesome, definatly get a balcony. staff's lack of knowledge on restaurants and sites = worthess advise. i never saw consierge present. i would rely on own research if your looking for a great restaurant. go to "revolution" execellent!. don't go to deanie's as the staff recommended...it's basically a red lobster. if your visiting plantations go in this order: nottoway (furthest), oak alley and then to houmas house which closes at 7pm on wednesday. if on another day, i suggest only 2... oak alley and houmas house. parking is only valet parking $35 per day. beware that it can take 45m - hour to get car! awesome location...enjoy!

Room Tip: get balcony... be aware that it's noisy if your facing st ann
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank r p
Washington D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just got back from a girls' weekend at the Bourbon Orleans. We arrived late evening on Friday night and were greeted by a very friendly front desk. Check in was quick and smooth and were directed to use the service elevator since it was closes to our room. Elevator was closer but a bit yucky since it's the service elevator. The room was lovely; beautifully decorated with very comfy beds and a view of the pool. Note that the room has a safe and an Ipod dock (yay!) but just a small wardrobe instead of a closet (not a problem for us). We must have been given the handicap accessible room because the shower was outfitted for handicap accessibility and a roll-in shower (which is great, but every time we took a shower, the whole bathroom floor got wet). We had plenty of towels and were given even more amenities (soap, shower gel, mouth wash, etc) the next day and the vanity was large enough to accommodate all the accoutrements that a girls' weekend requires. You can't hear any noise from the street since the room faced the quiet pool area, however the walls are a bit thin and we had a noisy group staying on our floor. We could hear every discussion and question they had... they might as well have been sitting on my bed. This isn't necessarily the hotel's problem that people aren't considerate, but a bit more sound proofing would have been awesome! Although clean, I noticed that if you looked a little closer, you could tell that the last housekeeper wasn't as detailed oriented as I would have liked since I found discarded tags under the lamp and hair in the shower under the shower seat. We were given 2 tickets for a complimentary drinks at their bar but the bar was never open- we went by at least twice a day. On one morning I ordered coffee from room service. After 45 minutes I called back when I still hadn't gotten my pot of coffee. Immediately following my second call the coffee was delivered and we were not charged for it. The complimentary bottled water was fantastic! We saw several tours stop out front of the hotel which I thought was very cool to be staying in such a historical property. The location is fantastic- close enough to FQ adventures but on a safe and quieter side street right behind the Cathedral. Perfect location! the Bellhops are super friendly and the front desk helped with dinner reservations (without being asked to). The lobby is beautiful and comfortable, there's always a doorman at the door and an ATM in the lobby. All in all, a great stay and I would absolutely come back.

2 Thank D.C.Lola
Salinas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stopped in to have a few drinks and watch a basketball game at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel Bar. The whole experience was very enjoyable, it was a nice bar and wasn't very crowded. The service we received from the bartender-Bill Shupe-was Outstanding! Would absolutely go back if I ever go back to New Orleans and has made us consider staying at the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple