“Second stay”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at the Bourbon Orleans right after Katrina. When I learned it was one of the hotels for the conference I was attending in 2013 I immediately called to make my reservation. The location is great, the staff exceptional, and the rooms comfortable. I've stayed in hotels all over the country and the Bourbon Orleans has great character. One other plus is that it is right across the street from the Grapevine, a wine bar and resaurant with amazing food and a fabulous staff. And of course the food at the hotel is tasty, too. If I have the good fortune to return to New Orleans, I will stay at the Bourbon Orleans.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ReaderKitty

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We just returned from a business/personal couples weekend with friends. I had stayed in another hotel a few months past and it was off Bourbon closer to Canal street. While we loved our stay there- this hotel is by far the better choice. The location could not be more perfect, close to almost everything you would want to see or do in the French Quarter. Some of our party have walking difficulties and this location puts you close enough that you can see and do almost everything without a lot of extra walking.
Our room was very large, the bed very comfortable. The room was clean and well appointed, the cleaning service attentive. The staff were all wonderful- and after a few days we felt the doormen in particular knew us and anticipated our needs.
What surprised us was how quiet the hotel was at night. Standing between popular Bourbon street and Jackson Square I expected to have trouble sleeping. Our room did face the inner pool though our friends were directly on Bourbon street and they had no problems with noise at night either.
We did eat a couple breakfasts at the hotel- there was plenty to choose from and the prices were not horrible. You can, however, get a much more reasonable breakfast if you're willing to walk just a couple blocks to the Coffee Pot or our one of our other favorites: Mena's Cafe or Cafe Begniet.
For dinner we did visit a couple higher end restaurants but if you are in the mood for one of the best burgers you can get in New Orleans at the best price imaginable- hop one street over to St. Peter's and stop in at Yo Mama's.

Room Tip: We found the inside rooms (facing the poor courtyard) to be quiet at night.
1  Thank Wyoming_traveler_2
Reviewed March 28, 2013

perfect location... within walking distance to everything in the french quarter. Booked an exterior balcony facing st. ann. the views were awesome... the noise from the bars underneath was LOUD... into 2,3, o clock in the morning. maybe a room facing orleans or the pool may have been less noisy?... but the views were awesome, definatly get a balcony. staff's lack of knowledge on restaurants and sites = worthess advise. i never saw consierge present. i would rely on own research if your looking for a great restaurant. go to "revolution" execellent!. don't go to deanie's as the staff recommended...it's basically a red lobster. if your visiting plantations go in this order: nottoway (furthest), oak alley and then to houmas house which closes at 7pm on wednesday. if on another day, i suggest only 2... oak alley and houmas house. parking is only valet parking $35 per day. beware that it can take 45m - hour to get car! awesome location...enjoy!

Room Tip: get balcony... be aware that it's noisy if your facing st ann
1  Thank r p
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just got back from a girls' weekend at the Bourbon Orleans. We arrived late evening on Friday night and were greeted by a very friendly front desk. Check in was quick and smooth and were directed to use the service elevator since it was closes to our room. Elevator was closer but a bit yucky since it's the service elevator. The room was lovely; beautifully decorated with very comfy beds and a view of the pool. Note that the room has a safe and an Ipod dock (yay!) but just a small wardrobe instead of a closet (not a problem for us). We must have been given the handicap accessible room because the shower was outfitted for handicap accessibility and a roll-in shower (which is great, but every time we took a shower, the whole bathroom floor got wet). We had plenty of towels and were given even more amenities (soap, shower gel, mouth wash, etc) the next day and the vanity was large enough to accommodate all the accoutrements that a girls' weekend requires. You can't hear any noise from the street since the room faced the quiet pool area, however the walls are a bit thin and we had a noisy group staying on our floor. We could hear every discussion and question they had... they might as well have been sitting on my bed. This isn't necessarily the hotel's problem that people aren't considerate, but a bit more sound proofing would have been awesome! Although clean, I noticed that if you looked a little closer, you could tell that the last housekeeper wasn't as detailed oriented as I would have liked since I found discarded tags under the lamp and hair in the shower under the shower seat. We were given 2 tickets for a complimentary drinks at their bar but the bar was never open- we went by at least twice a day. On one morning I ordered coffee from room service. After 45 minutes I called back when I still hadn't gotten my pot of coffee. Immediately following my second call the coffee was delivered and we were not charged for it. The complimentary bottled water was fantastic! We saw several tours stop out front of the hotel which I thought was very cool to be staying in such a historical property. The location is fantastic- close enough to FQ adventures but on a safe and quieter side street right behind the Cathedral. Perfect location! the Bellhops are super friendly and the front desk helped with dinner reservations (without being asked to). The lobby is beautiful and comfortable, there's always a doorman at the door and an ATM in the lobby. All in all, a great stay and I would absolutely come back.

2  Thank D.C.Lola
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stopped in to have a few drinks and watch a basketball game at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel Bar. The whole experience was very enjoyable, it was a nice bar and wasn't very crowded. The service we received from the bartender-Bill Shupe-was Outstanding! Would absolutely go back if I ever go back to New Orleans and has made us consider staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank suzimac65
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at the Bourbon Orleans hotel from Tues to Sat. The hotel is amazing. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The hotel is in the heart of everything. It is right on Bourbon Street where all the action is for the bars and bands and only a few blocks away from Jackson Square and the market.
We had a King room facing the pool. This made our room very quiet. We did not hear anything going on outside. Our room was really big and our bed was Extremely comfortable.
I have a severe shell fish allergy and the concierge was extremely helpful in finding me restaurants to eat at while I was there.
I would recommend that people stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the pool. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Monique T
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our experience at bourbon orleans hotel was one of a kind. This was our first time to new orleans so we did not know what to expect. The location was the best as it is located between bourbon and royal street in the center of the french quarter.

We booked our hotel before finding out that this hotel is considered to be one of the most haunted hotel in new orleans. We had read that the 3rd and 6th floor were the "haunted" floors. We specifically requested the 5th floor because we were not in the business of being ghost busters. We just wanted to party it up during st patricks day and not be cuddle up with little children at night as the story goes. Maybe it was the booze but we do not have a ghost story. We chose a room facing the pool to avoid the loud noise from the street. We were not disappointed.

I was most impressed with the hospitality of the hotel staff heck most of new orleans locals are just down right nice, too nice for three girls from los angeles. We were welcomed to hotel with a complimentary drink, we had an Abita beer. Just so you know it was not all good, my friend had a negative experience as her luggage was brought up to the room with a broken handle. However, the hotel manager responded and helped my friend resolve the situation. We could not have picked a better hotel in new orleans.

Room Tip: Dare to stay in the 3rd or 6th floor!
1  Thank memita13