“Bourbon Orleans”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #8 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Amazing hotel, great room, and the location is perfect !!! We had the balcony suite for my partner's 40th birthday and it was terrific !! The staff were attentive and responsive, the bed was very comfortable, and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (6,371)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during Mardi Gras this past February. What a great find! It is on Orleans Street right behind the St. Louis Cathedral. The hotel spans all the way from Bourbon to Royal Street so it's right in the heart of the French Quarter.

The room was small but it was well appointed with all the amenities, coffee pot, safe, hair dryer, iron etc. It was furnished and decorated very nicely and everything was clean and neat. The lobby was pleasing and relaxing as we waited for friends in the comfy lounge chairs. The hotel staff was friendly, attentive and helpful.

We were only a couple of blocks from the Cafe Du Monde so it became a ritual to hang out people watching while enjoying our delicious biegnets in the morning or late at night. On one side of the hotel you exited to all the revelry of Bourbon Street while the other way were the many interesting shops on Royal Street where there appears to be a small musical combo playing on every corner.

A nice, classy, comfortable hotel on a great location. Would stay there again.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Check in courteous...rooms fairly small. Nice ipad docker was very convenient. Felt springs through mattress and linens were not quality expected. Housekeeping adequate and helpful. Bar drinkks so expensive they had very little crowd. Heating and air were not comfortable. Fan ran continuously. Lots of little things would have made the experience better, but as the title said, the location makes up for a lot. They wanted approx 40$ a night for valet parking. We left vehicle at amtrak parking lot for 5$ a night and taxied to hotel for 10$. It was a breeze. The staff was courteous, helpful and made you feel welcome.

Room Tip: We stayed on fifth floor facing the pool. Fairly quiet. No problems.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My significant other had never been to New Orleans & I was really nervous about overwhelming him with a balcony suite on Bourbon St., but thanks to this great hotel, not only is he a big fan of N.O., but after 12 yrs. we're engaged. I apologize I've lost my notes & can't give specific names. When we pulled up, they took our luggage & our car. All we had to do was walk into one of the most beautiful lobbies. Check-in was a breeze, the pool area inviting, & our suite was awesome. As I suspected, he thought I was crazy & the whole thing was awful. Fortunately by the next morning, I could barely get him off the balcony & we had a ball going out at night. Breakfast was only made better by the gentlemen that served them (1/22 & 1/23). He is still talking about the great breakfast. I had a discusssion with the manager who will provide us with next year's mardi gras schedule so we can make our reservation right away. The gentlemen at the door were helpful & accurate with their information. Can't say enough about the gentleman who helped us checkout the morning of 1/23. The DiSylvestros will be back again & again. Thank you

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Pros: The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable with a nice view of the pool. You couldn't ask for a better location! Just close enough to be in the action but far enough away you didn't hear it.

Cons: The maintenance personnel are not called after hours for a/c issues. The bar downstairs is dark and a little creepy.

We would highly recommend this hotel. We will be back again soon!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great hotel. Staff was very efficient & courteous. The breakfast was absolutely the best and the prices were very reasonable. The location of the hotel is close to everything so visiting all the night spots & attractions was easy. We will stay there again & recommend the Bourbon Orleans to anyone visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is the BEST place to stay if the French Quarter figures highly in your visit. The staff and accomodations are excellent, the location can't be beat. You are steps away from Jackson Square, right on Burbon Street and Royal Street...central to all the action. It is the only place I'd consider when in NO. EZ walk to cable cars for access to other parts of town as well.
This is my fourth stay here and other places pale to this one.

I would also like to compliment the staff particulary for their friendliness and willingness to please. Shane in the bar was considerate enough to offer his laptop so I could check my emails quickly and the desk clerk helped me set my iPhone so I could use the wi-fi. Everyone was most accomodating.

Room Tip: The single queen room was small but pleasant and worked for our purposes. If I planned more time in...