“The Best Time Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Palatine, Illinois
“The Best Time Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My significant other had never been to New Orleans & I was really nervous about overwhelming him with a balcony suite on Bourbon St., but thanks to this great hotel, not only is he a big fan of N.O., but after 12 yrs. we're engaged. I apologize I've lost my notes & can't give specific names. When we pulled up, they took our luggage & our car. All we had to do was walk into one of the most beautiful lobbies. Check-in was a breeze, the pool area inviting, & our suite was awesome. As I suspected, he thought I was crazy & the whole thing was awful. Fortunately by the next morning, I could barely get him off the balcony & we had a ball going out at night. Breakfast was only made better by the gentlemen that served them (1/22 & 1/23). He is still talking about the great breakfast. I had a discusssion with the manager who will provide us with next year's mardi gras schedule so we can make our reservation right away. The gentlemen at the door were helpful & accurate with their information. Can't say enough about the gentleman who helped us checkout the morning of 1/23. The DiSylvestros will be back again & again. Thank you

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,376)
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Pros: The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable with a nice view of the pool. You couldn't ask for a better location! Just close enough to be in the action but far enough away you didn't hear it.

Cons: The maintenance personnel are not called after hours for a/c issues. The bar downstairs is dark and a little creepy.

We would highly recommend this hotel. We will be back again soon!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great hotel. Staff was very efficient & courteous. The breakfast was absolutely the best and the prices were very reasonable. The location of the hotel is close to everything so visiting all the night spots & attractions was easy. We will stay there again & recommend the Bourbon Orleans to anyone visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Longwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is the BEST place to stay if the French Quarter figures highly in your visit. The staff and accomodations are excellent, the location can't be beat. You are steps away from Jackson Square, right on Burbon Street and Royal Street...central to all the action. It is the only place I'd consider when in NO. EZ walk to cable cars for access to other parts of town as well.
This is my fourth stay here and other places pale to this one.

I would also like to compliment the staff particulary for their friendliness and willingness to please. Shane in the bar was considerate enough to offer his laptop so I could check my emails quickly and the desk clerk helped me set my iPhone so I could use the wi-fi. Everyone was most accomodating.

Room Tip: The single queen room was small but pleasant and worked for our purposes. If I planned more time in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Souderton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

The Bourbon Orleans Hotel is where we ended up after Le Marais sold the room I prepaid for two months before my arrival to New Orleans. While not exactly comparable to Le Marais, the Bourbon Orleans is nicely situated near Jackson Park.

The hotel is old New Orleans but the rooms have been updated with large LG flat screen tv's and contemporary bathrooms. Our room was on the first floor by the courtyard pool. It was very quiet and the courtyard is lovely. While it was not the hotel that I booked, the Bourbon Orleans was a comfortable alternative and I would definitely avoid Le Marais Hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2013
The Bluffs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed here for one night after a board meeting at another downtown hotel. We love the french quarter because of its' architecture and uniqueness and this hotel does not disappoint. Be sure to bring a sound machine because of the late night revelers on Bourbon Street, but other than that, our stay was perfect. Great location. Great Staff. Loved it and will be back. Heated pool but didnt' have our bathing suits. Darn. Wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank bluffsresident
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was my fourth visit to the B-O. The rooms are simple but very comfortable especially the beds. As can happen anywhere at ant time, excrement occurs. The cable broke in one of the two elevators during my stay but the staff opened the staff elevator up for use. It turned out to be a very minor inconvenience.
I am not one who generally believes in Ghosts but the 6th floor (where my room was) allegedly is inhabited my a couple Ghost Nuns. Having some quiet time in my room the toilet flushed. It did it again later. Also when i approached the elevator on the sixth floor, I never had to push the button to summon the elevator.
If you are looking for peace and quiet, you need to be on an upper floor. It is Bourbon St. after all.
Staff was very friendly and accommodating.
I hope to stay there again, next year.

Room Tip: Upper floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends