“Great Place to Stay”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #8 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great hotel. Staff was very efficient & courteous. The breakfast was absolutely the best and the prices were very reasonable. The location of the hotel is close to everything so visiting all the night spots & attractions was easy. We will stay there again & recommend the Bourbon Orleans to anyone visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is the BEST place to stay if the French Quarter figures highly in your visit. The staff and accomodations are excellent, the location can't be beat. You are steps away from Jackson Square, right on Burbon Street and Royal Street...central to all the action. It is the only place I'd consider when in NO. EZ walk to cable cars for access to other parts of town as well.
This is my fourth stay here and other places pale to this one.

I would also like to compliment the staff particulary for their friendliness and willingness to please. Shane in the bar was considerate enough to offer his laptop so I could check my emails quickly and the desk clerk helped me set my iPhone so I could use the wi-fi. Everyone was most accomodating.

Room Tip: The single queen room was small but pleasant and worked for our purposes. If I planned more time in...
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

The Bourbon Orleans Hotel is where we ended up after Le Marais sold the room I prepaid for two months before my arrival to New Orleans. While not exactly comparable to Le Marais, the Bourbon Orleans is nicely situated near Jackson Park.

The hotel is old New Orleans but the rooms have been updated with large LG flat screen tv's and contemporary bathrooms. Our room was on the first floor by the courtyard pool. It was very quiet and the courtyard is lovely. While it was not the hotel that I booked, the Bourbon Orleans was a comfortable alternative and I would definitely avoid Le Marais Hotel in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed here for one night after a board meeting at another downtown hotel. We love the french quarter because of its' architecture and uniqueness and this hotel does not disappoint. Be sure to bring a sound machine because of the late night revelers on Bourbon Street, but other than that, our stay was perfect. Great location. Great Staff. Loved it and will be back. Heated pool but didnt' have our bathing suits. Darn. Wonderful stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bluffsresident
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was my fourth visit to the B-O. The rooms are simple but very comfortable especially the beds. As can happen anywhere at ant time, excrement occurs. The cable broke in one of the two elevators during my stay but the staff opened the staff elevator up for use. It turned out to be a very minor inconvenience.
I am not one who generally believes in Ghosts but the 6th floor (where my room was) allegedly is inhabited my a couple Ghost Nuns. Having some quiet time in my room the toilet flushed. It did it again later. Also when i approached the elevator on the sixth floor, I never had to push the button to summon the elevator.
If you are looking for peace and quiet, you need to be on an upper floor. It is Bourbon St. after all.
Staff was very friendly and accommodating.
I hope to stay there again, next year.

Room Tip: Upper floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank EMT431
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The Bourbon Orleans hotel is right in the middle of the action of the French Quarter of New Orleans, just a half block away from the cathedral. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The beds are like clouds. The lobby is grand without being stuffy and pretentious. The staff are friendly and very helpful This is a wonderful hotel to stay at when in the French Quarter. I would stay here again in a minute.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My sister was referred to this hotel by her co-worker. The hotel is very nice and we would definately stay there again, with a couple of exceptions. It is centrally located in the French Quarter. There is no need to rent a car if you are planning to stay and walk around the French Quarter. Taxi ride from the airport to the hotel was $33.00 for two people, plus tip, same for return. As for the hotel, don't get a room that backs up to the elevator. It runs all night long...and makes noises, loud noises. Also, request a room that is far away from the elevator and stairs, as people are coming and going all night long, so it is best to have a room that is down at the end of the hall. Unfortunately people are not courteous and let their doors slam shut so the door closings was a big distraction. The room we were in had a handicap bathroom. Our room faced the poolside and was very nice. We never ate at the hotel so I cannot attest to the quality of the food, but it certainly looked and smelled great, especially on Sunday morning. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that is farthest away from the elevator and stairs.
1  Thank Kelly S