7,450 results
All reviews loft suite great location french quarter jackson square louis cathedral beautiful hotel hotel bar cafe du royal street loved this hotel valet parking street noise mardi gras roux balcony nola action
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My sister was referred to this hotel by her co-worker. The hotel is very nice and we would definately stay there again, with a couple of exceptions. It is centrally located in the French Quarter. There is no need to rent a car if you are planning to stay and walk around the French Quarter. Taxi ride from the airport to the hotel was $33.00 for two people, plus tip, same for return. As for the hotel, don't get a room that backs up to the elevator. It runs all night long...and makes noises, loud noises. Also, request a room that is far away from the elevator and stairs, as people are coming and going all night long, so it is best to have a room that is down at the end of the hall. Unfortunately people are not courteous and let their doors slam shut so the door closings was a big distraction. The room we were in had a handicap bathroom. Our room faced the poolside and was very nice. We never ate at the hotel so I cannot attest to the quality of the food, but it certainly looked and smelled great, especially on Sunday morning. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that is farthest away from the elevator and stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was impressed by the staff and the size of the room at the Bourbon Orleans. I was there for a conference that was held at the hotel and the accommodations were great. The location was great for night life on Bourdon Street.

Room Tip: I requested a quite room to sleep and had a room with access to the courtyard pool, fabulous!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a disappointing stay for a beautiful hotel in a great location. The room was very nice and clean and the staff was very pleasant. We travel extensively and stay at least 3 times a year in NOLA but very few times have I encountered such confusion and disorganization trying to get and extend a hotel room. From the original booking to the additonal nights requested the availability and rate kept changing. The first time I tried to extend our stay i was told no rooms were available but yet I went directly to the internet and booked a room? We were charged twice, given the wrong room numbers and my daughter lost the room key and they would not issue her another or give her the room number. I understand security is important but I would think they could have found some way to be more helpful. We were looking forward to staying there but will go back to our previous hotel choices in the French Quarter.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I visited during Mardi Gras so my view of the hotel is based on this singular fact. NOLA goes mad during Mardi Gras and stays-in all other times. In fact I was told that 2013 was a “quite” Mardi Gras due to the Super Bowl which took place the weekend before I arrived. Well if this was quite, I would hate to see this area “busy”.
This hotel is on the corner of Orleans (nice quite street to the cathedral) and Bourbon Street (beer drinkers’ paradise). Be warned in Mardi Gras this hotel is in the middle of the action and therefore if you expect to hear the birds gently wake you from sleep, this isn’t the place to be! The music from Bourbon Street doesn’t stop 24/7; it is like you are in the party all the time. That said, that was the reason I was there so it was good for me but I could see that if you were in rooms at the Bourbon Street side it could be quite wearing. It is a great location to walk around the quarter from as it is in the dead middle of the quarter, nowhere is more than 10 minutes walk (French Market, Treme, River and CBD).
The hotel itself is on the chic side of shabby chic, fitting well into the French Quarter style and sophistication. Lots of marble and style in the entrance and reception areas; 50’s Hollywood glamour pours over you as you enter and review the lift and pool areas. The room I had was on the 5 floor with a balcony. This was a welcome addition and allowed great views across the quarter. It also served as a look out post to see what was going on, on Bourbon Street. Some of the parades go right past the hotel and therefore from my room I was able to see these without being in the hub-bub of it all.
The room was well appointed with a large bed, in a very nice large room. Wired internet didn’t work with my PC but he wireless was great, very strong signal throughout. Couldn’t fault the room, it was great. Big TV, with video on demand and access to local channels. Room service was excellent. Very helpful and dinning in the room was a pleasant experience. They have a great basic menu with high quality, well presented food.
The down sides (apart from the noise), during Mardi Gras there is no “visitor” up to your room policy. There were armed Police at the door in the evening and security guards during the day. $30 per guest per day and they had to be signed in and produce ID. This very strict rule seemed to disappear on Ash Wednesday but I didn’t test this out. Not good for singles who meet new friend and would like them to visit. Also the restaurant wasn’t great and was a bit expensive for what it was. I ended up retreating to my room in wanted to eat. I had breakfast each day but paid a different price for each meal, go figure. No mini bar or fridge in the room, which was a shame.
Overall, I liked this hotel and would stay here again (but not in Mardi if I were single). Better as a couples retreat than a single guy’s Mardi Gras launch pad.

Room Tip: Know where your room is in relations to Bourbon street and then choose based on how much you want to be in the party or on the edge of the party
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you are looking for a centralized hotel, in the middle of all that the French Quarter has to offer, the Bourbon Orleans is a nice suprise. We stayed for 3 nights for the rock and roll marathon. Room was spacious, with a large modern bathroom but shower only. My wife was disappointed and asked at the front desk but was advised that the property does not have any rooms with bathtubs so beware. Not a big deal! Was given 2 free drinks for the hotel bar at check in and had 2 free bottles of water awaiting us in the room. Nice touch! Beds firm but comfortable, with foam pillows. They do not offer any other pillow choice. Location coud not be better to enjoy the French Quarter. Jackson Square, Bourbon St and the French Market are out your front door and just around the block. If you are a light sleeper ask for a room off Bourbon St or a upper floor location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing Bourbon St if you are noise sensitive
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family