My husband and I chose the Bourbon Orleans because we were looking for a hotel in close proximity to a vacation rental our friends were in for the weekend.
Here are the highlights:
1) Beautiful entry and lobby.
2) Clean room with updated bathroom.
3) Friendly and professional staff.
4) GREAT location! I can't stress this enough...GREAT LOCATION. especially if you want to be in the heart of Bourbon St. (When I'm out drinking I often have to take potty breaks and it was so convenient to walk back to the hotel. Maybe TMI but I think some of you reading this might appreciate the situation.)
5) At the Bourbon Orleans, you're right in front of the beautiful Cathedral St. Louis, 1 block from Jackson Square where you can find great local artists hard at work, and just 2 blocks from Café du Monde. My husband and I walked all around the French Quarter and it was so lovely. Great food, great art, great street performers.
6) VERY comfy bed.
7) We were right around the corner from the Krewe du Vieux parade route. What a great experience (for the adult traveler).
The reasons why I gave 4 stars instead of 5
1) Our room was, in my opinion, tiny. My husband and I would have to get out of each others way just to walk from one side of the room to the other SERIOUSLY and, no, we are not big people.
2) We stayed on the second floor and our windows faced a wall. It was great at night because we couldn't hear street noise but at about 7 am were awakened by staff talking and moving about.
3) No mini-frig or microwave.
4) I was unable to connect to their WiFi and the broadband cable in our room didn't work, either.
All in all, we had a wonderful time and if we had to stay in a hotel (vs a vacation rental) we would definitely stay at the Bourbon Orleans, again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a place where old world charm meets new world luxury. Nestled in the heart of the French Quarter, the Bourbon Orleans New Orleans Hotel features a rich history and opulent French styling reminiscent of the early 1800s. Its central New Orleans location, just steps away from the famed St. Louis Cathedral, means you're never far from the best the city has to offer-from upscale shopping on Royal Street, to the local artists and performers of Jackson Square, to all of the restaurants, galleries and nightlife in between. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bourbon Orleans Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Bourbon Orleans
- Wndham New Orleans