“Love this hotel”

Ranked #9 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas, United States
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Love this hotel. Right on Bourbon street. Close to Jackson Square and close to Cafe Du Monde. My favorite part about this hotel is that you walk onto Bourbon, turn left to enter "straight frat boy Bourbon" and turn right to enter the "gayborhood." Plenty of options. :-D

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank danielrx911

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,522)
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Bourbon Orleans is perfectly loated in the hear of the French Quarter. It has an old world elegance and charm, a beautiful pool area in the courtyard. The beds are fine, the rooms comfortable. Whoever designed the remodel made some crazy decisions: for example, there is a fan in the room bathrooms that turns on via movement, but sometimes turns on when you just walk by getting to the room door; the showers are fine but not designed for a tall person (like me). The biggest problem we had is with minor issues: we had no caffeinated coffee in our room, called down and asked for caffeinated coffee, someone came up 15 minutes later with more decaf; this happened twice during our stay. Same with asking for water, which was not supplied; needing to call down for shampoo because the staff only left conditioner. And on. Nothing terrible about these oversights, but they should not happen in a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Amazing Hotel! Beautiful & spacious room, perfect pool (heated) area, great service!! My favorite place to stay in NOLA BABY!! The only thing I can complain about is u can hear some music from bourbon street in one of the rooms I've stayed in. BUT it's bourbon street, not much u can do about that.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Misty F
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Loved, loved this hotel. Such a rich, historic atmosphere and so very quiet. The only complaint, and it is minor, there wasn't much to offer on their TV lineup. Fabulous flat screen TV, but not much to view unless you really like sports or news. Otherwise, Bourbon Orleans is tops on our list of the many hotels we have stayed in while in New Orleans. The staff and service was beyond excellent and you can't find a better location. Never had to use our vehicle. Already looking at the calendar to plan a return visit!!

• Stayed January 2013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were here for 4 days/3 nights in November 2012. The location of the Bourbon Orleans is perfect; we walked or cabbed everwhere. Small but well appointed room with a balcony overlooking the pool. Staff helpful and friendly; attractive lobby. The REAL reason to return (which we will) is Mr. Ron the Concierge. We checked in, and asked the desk about a tour; they directed us around the corner in the lobby to Ron's desk. He is charming, very knowledgable, and while he "could not" make suggestions did let us guess which tour was better (spot on!), and then...after much delicious discussion...made us lunch and dinner reservations around town. He knows and loves the city and it payed off beauifully for us.
Having him available to guests puts the Bourbon Orleans above the rest! Please do keep him on staff!

Room Tip: Go for the balcony rooms on the inside;
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HPHTO
Denver
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had planned our destination wedding for Jackson Square New Orleans and my parents surprised us with a night in a suite at this hotel. The location was perfect and I couldn't wait. We stopped by the day before and asked a couple high maintenance requests. First, I was picking up my wedding bouquets a day early and asked if they could help me keep them fresh. Second, I was wondering if we could get into the room early so we could get ready for my wedding. I was immediately referred to front desk supervisor Keyiana Stewart. Thank goodness - she made all the difference in our stay here! She went ABOVE and beyond! She didn't even hesitate and checked on the temperature of the fridge and personally made sure my flowers were safe and sound until I needed them. I received her card and she told me to call her in the morning to see what was available for early check in. I did and she got me in when I requested - it really made my day! She realized that I needed to avoid any stress and helped me so much by getting me in without a hiccup. Her service has yet to be matched by any hotel or resort I have been to. I can't thank her enough for making my wedding day wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel for other reasons too. The location is fantastic, the balcony was so big and had great views. It was so beautifully decorated for the holidays. The service is the really seller though, thank you!

Room Tip: The St Anne suite was fantastic!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Canton, Mississippi
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at your Hotel Jan 4th-Jan 6th 2013. The following statements are our honest feelings about your Hotel. We selected the Bourbon Orleans to celebrate our 25th anniversary and were quite disappointed over all. When we arrived I ask the check-in clerk if we could possibly get an upgrade from our King room. His responds was, we don't do that sir. Funny how I have read other reviews that stated they were offered upgrades without even asking for them. ODD!!!! When he handed us our breakfast tickets that came with our package we ask him if was a buffet and he responded yes it is. Didn't matter to us but it wasn't. Poor training on both accounts.
We got to our room and the first thing we see were two roaches on the window seal that I killed.
There was what appeared to be saw dust on the floor at the closet door as well as a hair ball on the bed comforter. I removed it before my wife saw it. The floor had not been cleaned after the last guests had checked out. The pillows were so hard and uncomfortable the worst we have ever had to use. The light in the shower wouldn't stay on, it just kept going on and off mostly off. The TV system truly was the worst as far as channel selection. That should handle the room for now. As for the so called Bar you have, what a shame that a hotel of your caliber would even consider what you have as a Bar. The owners should be ashamed for such a beautiful place. They could have the best bar in the French Quarter and by all rights should have for it's guests. The breakfast was the only food we had there during our stay and it was good.( except you have country ham on the menu but let me tell you I KNOW COUNTRY HAM and that is not country ham.) On Sunday when we were checking out and ask for our car to be brought to us, we had to wait for over an hour and you weren't that busy. My god I'm glad you weren't or we would still be waiting. The doorman Caleb was the only good asset I saw at your Hotel. He should be running the show, at least he understands how to treat your customers. He rated an A with us. I truly wish I could say better things about a 4 star Hotel but yours is a failure and needs serious attention and training of staff and much nicer areas to offer your guest. However the location was great but you miss on some very important points. Not everyone that comes to the French Quarter just wants to party and get drunk. Mature couples want nicer more up scale surroundings. Like a nice lounge with jazz music so-PLEASE DO SOMETHING WITH THAT HORRIBLE BAR!!! We are not world travelers but have been fortunate to have stayed in some of the worlds nicest resorts and maybe we just expected to much from your Hotel. By the way our room number was 238.

Room Tip: Pool side room are better.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple