“You are paying to be in the French Quarter--but its worth it” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bourbon Orleans Hotel

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #8 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta, Georgia
“You are paying to be in the French Quarter--but its worth it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have not returned to New Orleans since Katrina-but pleasantly surprised at all the reconstruction in most areas. The Quarter seems not to have been affected much and quickly recovered. Remeber this is The Big Easy so pace oneself!
As for the hotel, the location could noy be more perfect!. The rooms are small, adequate amenities, clean. Not much more to say--you don't spend much time in the room in NO.
One problem-noise-why is it that people have to fight at 3 am, them crying kids at 8am. The crying kids was an issue: I sound really horrible but all of us have cried as children-however this hotel has thin walls so take notice! And no one does not call and complain about children---with that said I would go back--if one is single or w/o family ask for a room w/minimal noise ( remember my room eas on an inside corridor) but the internal noise was the problem--can't speak about Bourbon st. itself
So in summary--good hotel, in my opinion expensive for amenities but one seems to be paying for Location and to me in New Orleans that is more important. Note other people complained about the front desk--I thought they did a good job, NO complaints on that issue from me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AtlantaBender

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,351)
Satellite Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I checked in on 30 December and stayed through New Years. There is no better location to stay and still be in the heart of EVERYTHING. The main NYE stage was on the river, which was a short walk past St Louis cathedral. The center of Bourbon is less than 100 yards from the front door of the hotel. One huge advantage to staying here is the proximity to Bourbon without being affected buy it. New Years and the bowl game brought thousands to Bourbon and the party never stopped. You don't miss a wink of sleep being bothered by the sounds.

The staff was extremely friendly as always.

I booked a standard King room and was pleasantly surprised when I opened my door to what I considered a suite. A huge king 4 poster bed, the biggest bathroom I've ever seen complete with two sinks, a two person jacuzzi tub and a separate shower.

I will mention there was no fridge in the room but ice was available just down the hall.

I valet parked my car with the hotel. It was $37 per day and required (according to the valet) at least 45 minutes advance notice to get my car. I was told the vehicles were not parked on site but several miles away. I didn't drive during my stay. The morning I checked out, I called down an hour before I needed my car. It wasn't ready when I came down and it took another 44 minutes for them to bring it around. I was not happy with this. That was the only hiccup in an otherwise exceptional stay.

I will not stay anywhere else when I'm in New Orleans though.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Madeira Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is by-and-far the best location in the heart of the French Quarter. The hotel is beautiful and quickly will get you into the "spirits" of the area. We arrived a little early, but there was no problem checking bags (Thanks, Caleb) and promptly received a call when our room was ready. Bellmen, concierge, and front desk were very friendly.
I would suggest getting the king size bed, we stayed in the AAA rate room which was $10 less, but a little cramped. We also had an issue when I added a night's stay on-line. My rate went up about $50/night for the first two nights. It took about 3 weeks and several phone calls to clear this up. My friends just called them about an hour after checkout and told the front desk they were staying. No problem.
The staff definitely made the stay wonderful. I would recommend this hotel and look forward to returning here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at the Bourbon Orleans for 3 nights for the Sugar Bowl. While the location was fantastic and the beds incredibly comfortable, the property left me flat. There were virtually no amenities. The hotel did not have a gift shop and the only place to get coffee in the morning was the restaurant. Also, the hotel did not have a full time concierge or a bar inside the hotel itself. A bar on Bourbon Street doubled as the "hotel bar". There were no vending machines on our floor either. Some of the Bellman at the entrance were very friendly while others didn't even acknowledge your presence. In my opinion, if it weren't for the great location this would be a 3 star property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Yukon, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

From the time we arrived we were very impressed by the hotel location and the layout. The check in process was very smooth and we checked in around 12pm. The room was fantastic and the staff were very professional and helpful throughout the stay. The location of the hotel could not have been any better, just off Bourbon Street and only a block from Jackson Square.

If we come back to New Orleans again we will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: We got a double room on the ground floor due to availability over New Years. Would have liked a King...
1 Thank PeterPoxton
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed for four nights, just after Christmas. The staff was wonderful, room was exceptional and very clean!! Had tons of charm but updated in every way, which was what we were going for. Loved the large closet and the room was plenty big to move around in. We had a room on the backside of the hotel, facing a street. It was a bit loud as the noise carried over from Bourbon street. It didn't keep me up though. A room facing the courtyard might have fixed this issue. GREAT location, close to Jackson square. It was close to everything we wanted to do and places we wanted to eat. Without a doubt, will return here for my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard. If not available, don't let it be a dealbreaker. The noise...
1 Thank Veronica4272
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We recently stayed two nights in the Bourbon Orleans and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful, locsation was convenient, and the overall experience wonderful. I have stayed in many hotels in the French Quarter and would highly recommend this one. It's on the quiet end of Bourbon Street so it's a quick escape from the madness.

2 Thank Martha S