“Enjoyed our stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Morgan City, Louisiana
“Enjoyed our stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Bourbon Orleans for our honeymoon. We had a balcony room on the 5th floor, the balcony was nice but small. In the future I will ask for a balcony room on the 4th floor, which has one large balcony separated into sections for each room. The 4th floor balconies were much roomier. Our room was nice. Plush bedding, nice television, and a little clock that charged my Iphone. I loved the marble shower, counters, and floor, in the bathroom, which also had a lot of counter space. We didn't have a bathtub, shower only, which was not a big deal for us but if a bath tub is important to you be sure to specify. The balcony room was a bit noisy but we expected that so it didn't bother us. If that kind of thing bothers you then you should ask for an interior room. Over all our stay was wonderful. The staff was polite and friendly and the hotel is beautiful!

Room Tip: 4th floor balconies are bigger but if you want a quiet stay go for an interior room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joy S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,399)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We are looking forward to our 4th trip to the Bourbon Orleans in January. We are very excited! We love the hotel and the accomodations are fabulous. The front desk staff are very helpful and Derek outside is a gem!!! The only complaint I have had in 4 years was the bar staff last year didn't seem to be in the mood to work in a bar... I am hopeful that this year they will be more friendly. Other than that, the rooms are nicely appointed, the beds are very comfortable and the hotel has great charm! The breakfast was great, every year...

Room Tip: Definitely prefer the inside of the hotel where it is quieter...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LedbetterLodge
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We arrived at Bourbon Orleans and were treated with grande Southern courtesy once again. The staff upgraded our room since others were available. Valet service was ready for us as soon as we walked down. Beautiful holiday decorations, enormous rooms, really comfortable beds, and plenty of hospitality to boot. If you want to walk the Quarter, this is where you want to be. Easy access to the Cathedral and Jackson square. Easily one of my favorite hotels in the city. Avoid the noise and high cost of Canal street by staying here.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are available if you desire a view if you want quiet sleep, request one with a view of...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Having only been to New Orleans twice, I stayed at the Bourbon Orleans both times. It was ideally located to all the festivities on Bourbon Street, and provided a great base from which to explore the French Quarter.

The hotel elevator was a bit of a squeeze for my large power wheelchair, and the doors wanted to close more rapidly than I like. Notwithstanding that little detail, we managed well in the accessible room that we were assigned.

This place couples all the charm of a well appointed historical building with all the necessities of modern-day convenience. The staff was outstanding, the pool relaxing, and the convention facilities as wheelchair friendly as they could be considering the age of the venue.

Although I normally make an attempt to try new and different accommodations each time I return to a city, the Bourbon Orleans was definitely worth the second trip.

Happy travels!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The Bourbon Orleans Hotel was an absolutely wonderful place to visit. My family is a party of 15 and I loved the Historical building and its decorations for visiting Brunch with Santa on Dec. 23rd. We had very professional service and felt very much at home. Santa and his crew were outstanding and the food was so good that my family and I all felt like santa as we walked away. This was our first trip to this site and definitely not our last! It was a very "WOW" experience!

Room Tip: Knowing the area; if you dont mind a little extra activity, then bourbon street location is fine, ot...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

What an awesome set up. The kids had so much fun and the food and drinks were incredible. They did a great job entertaining the kids and keeping our glasses full. We will do brunch with Santa ever year.

• Stayed December 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Because the Royal Sonesta didn't have any bourbon balconies available, I decided to try the Bourbon Orleans Loft Suite (which I have always wanted to do). All I can say is WOW! It was 3 nights of great fun and luxury!

From the moment we checked in we were treated with exceptional Southern Hospitality! The 2 story Bourbon Loft Suite are amazing! The room was spotless, bed comfy, and the view from my covered bourbon street balcony was the highlight of the trip!

I wouldn't consider another hotel for my future trips to New Orleans. Unless my secret gets out and the Bourbon Orleans is sold out!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple