“Not worthy of the review or rating”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #10 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Evansville, Indiana
“Not worthy of the review or rating”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel is not worthy of a Luxury rated hotel. I have stayed in hostels in Europe that are nicer than this hotel. The facility is dated and shows a lot of wear. The walls are paper thin, we listened to the guests on each side of our room snoring, coughing and gagging. The first morning as we were getting ready for the day, we heard people arguing and having a very talkative conversation. It sounded as if it were the maid service outside our door only to find it was coming from a room across the hall and five doors down. We attempted to have lunch at around 12:20 one afternoon only to be turned away because the restaurant was reserved for a private party and offered no other food options. The Hotel lobby bar was never open the entire time we were staying at the hotel. The shower head sprays straight down 6 inches from the shower wall, is not adjustable and the soap basket mounted to the wall is right under the shower head making it impossible to get under the water and rinse. The hotel location is convenient to everything and the bellman was extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgable. The priced paid verses the value recieved were at opposite ends of the spectrum. For what is is worth I spend over 100 night a year traveling and in hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank charles m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,513)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Room was small but comfortable. As the hotel is well located in the heart of the French Quarter and ½ block from “the party crowd” on Bourbon St, we were pleasantly surprised that the room was quiet. It certainly met our needs during a three day pleasure trip to New Orleans. We did not use any of the hotel amenities but did go to the adjacent (and connected?) bar. The front desk staff appeared to be earnest in their desire to provide assistance. Overall, we would recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey Shore
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very helpful, courteous and friendly staff greet you at the door and throughout the hotel. We had a queen bed room overlooking the pool and the accommodations were very nice. The room was a bit small, but this did not cause any issues for my wife and me. We had breakfast in the hotel dining room which was very well prepared and presented, but a bit pricey. There is a $32/day parking charge so rent a car after your stay and/or use the local transportation. Overall no complaints and we will stay at the Bourbon Orleans on a return trip.

Room Tip: If you expect to have someone visit your room for drinks, etc. I’d opt for one of the larger rooms w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
NewOrleans
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Being a local New Orleanian, I chose the hotel for our group for it's beauty, perfect renovation to a historic building and the unbeatable location steps away from Pirates Alley & Jackson Square. I lucked out when I discovered that the Sales Mgr, Deepah, took my hostess-mission personally and made me & all of my colleagues booked at the hotel feel like we were royalty. SHe handled so many details for me that I was able to enjoy all my guests and the event. I stayed the 3 days with them there & I truly did not want to leave! My King room was quiet & lovely on the Orleans St side of the hotel. The bedding was high end- as were the soft generous towels. The rooms were fresh & spotless. Every staff member acted as if they were so happy to work there, they jumped when we needed anyting at all. The valet staff was quick to warn anyone of the time factors of parking their car- that it sometimes takes 1/2 hour to retrieve, but they somehow managed to remember names & car makes & models to keep track! I don't see why anyone would rent a car in this area (especially to park @$32 per night). The finest restaurants, shopping and things to do are in walking distance. Cab fares are cheap enough because nothing is really very far away and I think in this case would be a savings over the whole rental thing. It was sweet to have a few drink passes to their bar that opens onto Bourbon street, it's a great place to gather around the piano & watch Bourbon street pass you by. I love this hotel and it's attentive staff so much, we are going to be regulars for a mini vacation whenever we want to feel spoiled! You can't miss with this one!

Room Tip: My King rm on the Orleans Street side was quiet. ( the rms with 2 double beds are on the small side)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel is lovely. The staff is great. It has on site breakfast and an onsite bar. It is right in the heart of the French Quarter. You can walk everywhere or take the trolley. It has a nice pool / courtyard area. I only gave it four stars because of the noise factor. I could hear people arguing in the next room. I could hear everyone walk and talk as they were going down the hall. Some travelers would absolutely love the excitement of being right on Bourbon Street. You can go out on your balcony and watch it all. I will ask for an upper floor courtyard room next time. They seem to be the most quiet for the people that need some sleep. You will have a great experience staying at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kansas
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at the Bourbon Orleans from October 5 -8 and I had room 444.
I so wanted to give this hotel a glowing review for the following reasons. It’s beautiful. The lobby welcomes you with plush luxurious surrounding, antiques and a wonderful floral sent. It’s just far enough off of Bourbon street that you aren't part of the madness but only steps from the action. The room was very comfortable, attractive and immaculately clean. My bed was fluffy and I fell asleep instantly every time I got in it. The shower is a little strange because there is no door but you just need to put the floor mat down to catch the few drops of water. I greatly appreciated the wall mounted, lighted makeup/shaving swivel mirror! There is a coffee maker in the room. Room service was fast and made a fried shrimp platter just for me that was very good twice The nice lady on the phone was the same person who delivered my food and she was a professional and a pleasure to deal with.

When I was leaving the staff was very helpful and printed my boarding passes for me and the door man graciously offered to come find me when my airport shuttle arrived so I wouldn't have to stand outside.

I had a pool view which was lovely and I didn't have any noise at all. Much to my surprise there is as nightclub in this hotel that gets a lot of action. I think that some nights it’s a gay bar so unless you don’t care (I didn't) you may want to ask the door man before you go in. Don’t let that keep you from staying at the hotel because if you don’t go looking for it you won’t even know it’s there.

There was only one little thing that got on my last nerves……….the bathroom fan. The fan is on a motion sensor so ever time to walk in the bathroom it turns on, sounds like a good idea but it doesn't go off when you leave the bathroom and you have to manually turn it off easy enough but it comes right back on by its self even with no one in the room UGH!!! There is no way to unplug it, I tried. I also tried to just leave it on and ignore it but it’s very loud and you can’t hear the person in the other room talking. I figure ours was malfunctioning, I hope because that was so annoying! Because of this fan I got to mark you down Bourbon Orleans, please fix that and I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view...no Bourbon street noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cary, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We won a stay at this hotel through an auction for a trip to New Orleans. It was our first trip to the city and we'll definitely be going back and staying here. The location is great because it is close enough to walk to all of the fun on Bourbon Street but you don't get any of the noise while you're in your room. Judy helped me secure our reservation and she was extremely helpful with suggestions for the rest of our trip as well. The entire staff (doormen, desk clerks, restaurant servers, housekeeping) were all very friendly and eager to serve. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are clean and inviting. The pool looked really nice but we just never had a chance to enjoy it; we were too busy walking around the city! The hotel bar is a fun late-night place if you're looking for something a little more low-key. We had a great time singing along with the piano players and the bartenders were a lot of fun. Definitely a great choice if you're planning on staying in the French Quarter. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: The loft rooms are very spacious and unique.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple