“Great Hotel and love the new rooms”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #8 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The GREAT service started at the check in I was very impressed someone actully walked from behind the desk and took me to the elevator at 9:30 in the morning. Everyone was very friendly and love the newly redone rooms on the 6th floor. One outstanding employee I believe her name was Jole in breakfast buffet. She went above and beyond on her handling of a suitation that arose. I own my own business and only hope that my employees do reach that level of customer service.
Again, she was the best! Love the location and everyone was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (6,500)

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our three night stay at the Bourbon Orleans was absolutely fabulous....the location was very convenient for every sightseeing event we had planned... the staff is absolutely wonderful and very accommodating, very professional, friendly, courteous and made our stay a wonderful experience....we received a complimentary coupon for a free drink. We enjoyed great piano music and singing along with the bar patrons. ...this was my first stay at Bourbon Orleans and will definetly stay there again! Dont be afraid of the ghosts on the 6th floor..I never saw them but .they are sweet children who played jokes on me and made me lauge(that is my story and I am sticking to it!!)
loved every moment

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary I
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at the Bourbon Orleans from October 3 to October 6. This is the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in. The facility is clean, the staff is plentiful, available and there to make your stay as pleasant as can be. Everything was fabulous. Even the hotel resteruant where we ate breakfast was reasonable and outstanding.

You will find that the hotel is in the middle of everything and a short walk to all points of the French Quarter. It is just off Bourbon Street which shields you from some of the nonsense. There are features such as the courtyard with the pool that are quiet, well maintained and very relaxing. The bar is nice and gives you a view of Bourbon Street and the prices are reasonable.

The room as spacious, the bed comfortable, the bathroom large and everything was very very clean.

All in all I cannot say enough good things about this facility.

Room Tip: Try to not get a room along Bourbon Street. It is a 24/7 drinking area and can be very noisy!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I celebrated my birthday weekend on Sept 28th with my sisters and niece...our three night stay at the Bourbon Orleans was absolutely fabulous....the location made it very convenient for every sightseeing event we had planned... the staff is awesome they are very professional, friendly, very courteous and demonstrated a caring commitment to making our stay at their hotel a great one....we received a complimentary coupon for a free drink and we used on Saturday night where we enjoyed great piano music and singing along with the bar patrons....what a wonderful way to celebrate my 62nd Bd....this was my first stay at Bourbon Orleans but it won't be my last...already planning our next girls get away...Yeah!!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a stay at the Bourbon Orleans October, 2012 for 3 nights and 4 days. The hotel is personally owned---not a chain. We reserved a deluxe king but were upgraded to one of the upstairs/downstairs suites---king bed in the loft on 4th floor, along with bathroom. The living room was on the 3rd floor with a spacious balcony to enjoy coffee in the mornings and cocktails later on. From the moment we arrived until we checked-out, we found the hotel staff to be very responsive, friendly, and efficient. Our room was spacious, cleaned each day, and refreshed with soap, towels, and coffee for us to brew. The location is perfect---in the heart of the French Quarter---close to the St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson Square. The hotel entrance is on Orleans St., and there are rooms on Royal St, Bourbon St, and St. Ann. Ask for a quiet street---not Bourbon---if you prefer a night on the quiet side. There are wonderful restaurants nearby and only a couple of blocks to Decatur for the famous Cafe Du Monde to get coffee and beignets----those delicious doughnuts covered in powdered sugar. The hotel is also very near the great antiques stores on Royal and throughout the French Quarter and art galleries---my favorite is Rodrigeuz' Blue Dog.

The only disappointment is that the hotel dining room did not have a good chef nor a service-oriented Maitre d. Since breakfast is normally not included, I would suggest eating all meals at the numerous, outstanding restaurants all over the Quarter, with several very close to the hotel. New Orleans is noted for its great food with prices to fit any budget. There is no excuse for poor food or service in New Orleans.

However, this in no way affected our wonderful visit to New Orleans and the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. Did I mention there is a concierge on site to help you with directions, reservations to restaurants and tours, or whatever you need? Computers are near the elevators to help air travelers print out boarding passes! Also, there is a wonderful pool and courtyard to enjoy the warm weather in New Orleans. Yes, it was warm in October! The lobby is beautiful, with an added touch of seasonal flowers about; and there is a baby grand piano player. I hope you find this review helpful and can see why the Bourbon Orleans continues to be our favorite hotel.

Room Tip: Skip the hotel for all meals---the food and service leave much to be desired. Also, ask to be upgra...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dr Alice L
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We upgraded to the two story loft suite, informing the staff that we had two young children with us and didn't want to face Bourbon St. No problem, he tells us we will face St. Ann's and love it. We listened to partying (on a Tuesday night-no holiday) until 6am the next morning. They were happy to let us change rooms the next morning to a courtyard facing room, and we didn't hear a peep the next two nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and the regular rooms were quite large. Great location in that you can walk everywhere from your hotel and don't need your car. The bar didn't open until 5pm everyday, so we had to go across the street to buy drinks during the day (we were there on a non-holiday, middle of the week trip). Glad we did a Tuesday to Friday stay because the Quarter started to get crazy crowded when we left on Friday b/c the Saints were playing that weekend. All in all, we had a nice stay and would use the hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't face the street unless you will be up all night anyway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Colleen S
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is the fourth time we have stayed at the Bourbon Orleans and each time our satisfaction is increased and we can't wait to go back. It is one of the best hotels that we have ever stayed in and the staff and the actual grounds of the hotel are fantastic. Of course, it doesn't hurt that the Bourbon Orleans is right in the heart of the French Quarters and everything is so accessible in that area.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony is a must - 3rd floor