“2 star service, at 4 star location.”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #9 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel has made improvements over the year which are appreciated yet still misses the nuances.
Was very frustrated from a practacality standpoint. I called for my car 45 minutes in advance, (10 minutes more than the required 35). Ii checked to see where it was 50 minutes later and learned the message to get the car had not been delivered to the valet. I missed my flight becasue of this.

While waiting for my car I attenpted to get my breakfast whicdh was included in my package along with my car. There was a line of 10 people, no hostess, no managers and two waiters serving the entire dining room and trying to host. People were getting wrong orders, serving themselves their own coffee and frustrated. I finally was seated and waited 15 minutes to be waited on after I got my own menu. The food too too long as well.
As I say, they are trying and if you get a good rate it may be worth it, but until things improve you can get much better service close by for a full rate. With a good rate just know to expect 2 star service as in a great location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Bourbon Orleans Hotel

Reviewed September 25, 2012

YOu cannot have a best location for your staying in New Orleans. It is one block from Bourbon street where all the action night life happens. And you would sleep well whitout any noise.
Nice rooms and beds (I stayed in a king bed superior room) with a good size bathroom.
Salted pool very convenient after a long day. The only down side in the pool area was the noise from the AC equipment (?) that runs 24/7, it seems. Parking very expensive; we payed US40/day for the valet even so we had a small SUV Kia "soul" model. It was considered not a compact car. Satff very nice and happy. Every dolar spent in New Orleans worth to help this amazing people to rebuild and keep this gem that suffers so much with Katrina.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

After a crazy 4 days of final wedding preps for my nephew and his future, now new bride in Baton Rouge my husband and I drove down to New Orleans for a day and night before flying back home to Tucson. We stayed at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel which I had stayed at before for a wedding over 15 years ago. It was charming and lovely back then and I was not disappointed. It was still as lovely and charming as ever with attentive staff and wonderful accommodations. The hotel is actually at the corner of Orleans and Bourbon Street but the rooms are mostly on Orleans. You can have a balcony on the street site or quieter rooms that face the pool; which we had. We never heard any of the street noise in our room and wished we had a few more days to just enjoy this lovely place.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at this charming historical hotel for four nights. Our room on the fifth floor faced the pool so we took the "service elevator" to get to our room. The staff, from the room attendants to the electricians were welcoming and often funny. The door staff raced to open the door for us with a "welcome back" greeting. Complimentary ice tea and water beverages were offered every day, Community coffee served every morning and cookies at check in. Our room was very quite, comfy bed and pillows. The only minor flaw was the ceiling in the bathroom needed to be replastered and the couches in the lobby need to be reupholstered.

1  Thank artistNewHampshire
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel is lovely and well-kept and maintained. The beds were extremely comfortable after a long day of sight-seeing. I would stay again, but request a room on the inner courtyard. Our room baloney was on a side street (not Bourbon or Orleans) and it brought in the noise from partiers at all hours. We expected some revelry but not all night and not hotel garbage service below us at 4 a.m. each day. I don't think the reservations folks warn you about that. Also, we checked in on a Friday afternoon and our room wasn't ready until 4:30. Make sure you let them know if you want "early" check-in and maybe it will be on time. Otherwise, the location can't be beat and the doormen helped us get cabs to the airport. Service was excellent.

Room Tip: Do not get Room 351 (2 double beds and a balconey); it was extremely noisy.
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel is in an excellent location for exploring the French Quarter, right on the corner of Bourbon and Orleans. Staff are courteous and helpful, and they work hard to keep the hotel clean and comfortable. The lobby is gorgeous and a great place for meeting fellow travelers; coffee is supplied in the morning, and iced tea and lemon/lime water in the afternoon. The courtyard, with its beautiful salt water pool is another great place to have a drink in the afternoon or evening before heading out to dinner or for a night of revelry. Beds were comfortable, although pillows were oddly thick and bouncy. Bathrooms were large, with walk-in showers and plenty of counter space. There is a lack of drawer space, though, and the rooms have only one chair, so when we were back at the hotel, we spent most of our time in the lobby or courtyard. There is a bar in the hotel, but it allows smoking and service was slow and sometimes downright hostile (a female bartender who apparently does not want tips.) However, the hotel suffers from a major drawback and that is noise. The marble tiled hallways outside the rooms enhance every noise your fellow guests make, and a large space between the bottom of the room doors and the hall floor allows that noise to enter your room all the time. We had a group of people staying at the hotel, and the only one not bothered by the noise was a person who removed his hearing aids at night. In addition, there was a mechanical problem with either the elevators or the air handling system (we got mixed stories from staff) that cause a very loud, persistent humming or squealing noise that could be heard in the courtyard and many of the rooms. Because of the noise, I cannot recommend this hotel unless you wear hearing aids that can be removed. It's too bad, really, because otherwise, this is a wonderful hotel. I do not recommend the restaurant - it was expensive, service moved at a snail's pace even with an almost-empty dining room, and the food was just mediocre.

Room Tip: Pick a room on a higher floor facing the courtyard for a quieter experience.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We went to New Orleans for a wedding and were suppose to stay in another hotel, but were moved due to Hurricane Isaac. According to the 1st hotel we were suppose to get the same accommodations for the same price.
We when arrived we were told that the hotel didn't have the king room with a balcony that we were suppose to have for us available, but would give us another room. When we got to our room we walked into a closet. The room was a queen and a small queen at that! No more than 2 feet on either side of the bed, and no more than 5 feet at the end of the bed...with a very small bathroom.When we asked for another room we were told they were totally booked for the weekend unless we wanted a suite...which we didn't.
The next morning my husband went down to the desk and talked to a wonderful woman (Kishanna) who found us a king room, but didn't have one with a balcony. It was a relief to change rooms, and we found out that all of us who had come for the wedding were given small rooms to start with, and then had to find the rooms we were suppose to get.
The larger room was nice, but the rooms in general very extremely noisy. For 2 nights I got no sleep and for one night I got very little sleep.
If you stay here, you'll find this hotel to be near many of things you want to see and do in New Orleans, but be alert to the fact that it is very loud and you hear everything from the halls and from the adjoining rooms.
Kudos to the ladies at the front desk on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday who helped us out as much as the could!