7,369 results
All reviewsloft suitegreat locationfrench quarterjackson squarelouis cathedralbeautiful hotelhotel barcafe duroyal streetloved this hotelvalet parkingstreet noisemardi grasrouxbalconynolaaction
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The hotel is in the heart of the French Quarter. It is clean, has a nice bar, lobby and pool. The bathroom/shower in the room was awful. Water leaked all over from the shower. It was impossible not to get a giant pool of water. I would not go go back. Housekeeping also did not come until after 4:00. They never did clean the room although I did get extra towells after cleaning up the giant pool of water myself. Some of the rooms are really NOISY

Room Tip: The rooms that look out at the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The Bourbon Orleans Hotel is a very nice and comfortable hotel with a lot of history and class. we stayed there for for 4 nights and found it very close to whatever you want to see and do in New Orleans. the only probabli is the price. a little spendy and they like most take advantage of festivals and happenings going on in town by raising prices for the occasion. if we were to go back, i would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: anything above the 5th floor, thats where its supposed to be haunted
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We spent three nights at the Bourbon Orleans for vacation recently. I can not rave about this hotel enough. It is beautiful, comfortable and clean. Everyone is friendly and the location is perfect!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Bourbon Orleans for the CTIA Wireless Convention May 5-11.
We were in room 324 the entire time.
We arrived the last day of Jazz Fest and due to the lack of hallway carpeting it sounded like the other guests had removed our door way and put on tap dancing shoes....and everyones voice carried....we could not sleep that first night.

Called for Room service for 2, they arrived with awesome food but no place to eat it.
There was an office desk but only one chair (in the entire room).
I asked for an extra chair...it only arrived after contacting the hotel manager.

The hotel is waiting on the carpet and due to the renovations they were missing some furniture (hence the missing chair)
After my email to the General Manager (Mark Wilson) everything was taken care of...except for the carpet in the hallway of course.

What was really missing was consistancy within the housekeeping staff.

They failed in being able to setup a room the same way twice in the entire 7 day stay.
All silly things, different number of towels, sometimes no hair conditioner, sometimes only 1 soap bar...we had no more than 3 (shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer...one day we had 5 little bottles (2 we had never been introduced to during the week).
The ice bucket never had a plastic bag in it (except for the day I emailed the manager) That was just gross and the ice bucket inside plastic was separated from the outside casing.

Every morning the housekeeping staff would be the source of all the noises in the hallway, having great conversations in the hallway and allowing the doors to be closed on their own instead of holding them to close quietly.(remember, no carpet).

For the travelling business man
The office desk had no outlets and the LAN cable was at the bedside not the office desk.
The outlets that were along the wall were so used that my chargers kept falling out of the sockets.
(I mentioned these observations while I was there).

For people using a CPAP, no extra outlets by the bed (not many hotels consider this need so nothing against Bourbon Orleans in that regard)

I hope this review is a snap shot of time...never to be taken again and that they get their consistancy together.
The staff (Bellman/vallet) were awesome! Everyone was really nice, the manager did all the right things to apologize for my poor experience but we may have stayed elsewhere if we were made aware of the "lack of carpet".

The hotel is beautiful inside and out, and due to renovations and missing furniture and hallway carpets be careful of where you are placed.

Room Tip: Make sure that the floor you are on has the carpet in the hallway. Rooms facing Bourbon Street are the noisiest Bring an extension cord if you have cell phone chargers and laptop power supplies to charge
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Darren T
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Bourbon Orleans' location is quite possibly the best in the Quarter. And the hotel itself is beautiful, with a haunted history and lovely pool. However, our room left a lot to be desired. My husband and I booked a "French Queen" on bookit.com for a fantastic rate, much lower than any other site, which made me a little wary. The room had a comfortable queen bed; unfortunately, the big bed/small room issue allowed little space for walking, sitting, or unpacking. Beware the corner of the large desk shoved against one side of the bed, as it is perfectly level with your head when rolling over (ouch). And our view from the 2nd floor consisted solely of a large concrete wall. The Bourbon Orleans is an older hotel (lots of character, little insulation) and very noisy. I believe we had a courtyard room (not sure because of the aforementioned wall) so thankfully no outside noise from Bourbon, although there was some type of generator/machine outside that ran throughout the night. The walls are incredibly thin so we heard anyone's conversation in the hallway or adjoining rooms, including housekeeping at 9 in the morning. Our room was also very far from the elevator/stairs (4 turns and hallways away). Overall, we had a wonderful trip with a few inconveniences. I would probably stay at the Bourbon Orleans again, in a bigger room, since I now know what to expect (and request from the hotel).

Tips for NOLA-Buy a trolley pass since it's really fun and convenient to ride the trolleys to the Garden District and Civil War/World War II Museums. Jacque Imo's and Commander's Palace are fantastic; if you eventually tire of seafood, Mona Lisa's serves delicious pizza a few blocks away and is definitely off the tourists' radar. Steer clear of the hurricanes at Pat O's-they are not as delicious as remembered from college days. Court of Two Sisters is absolutely charming for brunch but aim to arrive around ten or so to avoid the crush of people at the hot bar. Felix's and Drago's have fantastic chargrilled oysters-you must try them!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator on a higher floor, with a view of something besides a concrete wall, and request a room larger than a French Queen. Bring a sound machine or earplugs if you are a light sleeper, and/or shove a towel in the crack between door and floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple