You should never stay in a chain hotel in New Orleans. There are too many great local hotels, such as Bienville House. It is alot like New Orleans, on the old side and a little rough around the edges. However, it has a charm that you won't get at the Marriott or Hilton.
The room was just fine, though the wallpaper was peeling and the chair was stained. The Mississippi River view was nice. I did not hear any street noise like some others have described. The bed was the best, with a nice light comforter. I tried the wireless internet, but could not get a strong enough signal to log on. That old, slow elevator just goes with the territory.
The Decatur Street location is outstanding. Great restaurants are just steps away, and the bustle of Bourbon Street is only three blocks away.
If you get a good Internet rate, the Bienville House is hard to beat in New Orleans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the French Quarter is perfectly situated in the heart of New Orleans, the Bienville House New Orleans hotel is perfectly situated in the midst of the historic French Quarter. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, the 83-room hotel is a truly distinctive downtown New Orleans hotel establishment. It has a sense of style and grace only to be found in America’s most interesting city, within this New Orleans' boutique hotel accommodations in the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Bienville House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville New Orleans