THE PROS: 1. Great, ENORMOUS, shared balcony that allowed us to visit with another family we were traveling with. 2. Location
Depending on who you are it's a PRO OR CON: 1. The clientele: the hotel was mostly booked with tour groups of senior citizens.
THE CONS: 1. Full Size Beds: Either you get a room with one king or a room with two full size beds. My husband and I were laughable as we tried to fit onto this tiny bed (the kids had the other one or we'd have skipped the joy of each others company). 2. We kept getting complaints from the staff that we were too loud. We had two of the rooms on the top floor with an enormous shared balcony which just happens to be over someone elses room. This is just poor design because if we only hung out a little bit on the balcony it was unbearabley loud for the people below us (apparently). 3. Very small, very, very basic bathroom. 4. Cold staff - definitely not southern friendly. 5. Extremely aggressive sell on a swamp tour before we had even unpacked - even going so far as to follow us to our room. 6. Downright rude staff in the restaurant - we ended up walking out so we never sampled the food. 7. Had to park at another hotel 8. The housekeeper left us a note one morning and it read "Sorry :) I couldn't make your bed because you had personal items on it." Personal items being two sweatshirts and a child's notebook... you be the judge. From then on we made sure to pre clean the room for her before we left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the French Quarter is perfectly situated in the heart of New Orleans, the Bienville House New Orleans hotel is perfectly situated in the midst of the historic French Quarter. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, the 83-room hotel is a truly distinctive downtown New Orleans hotel establishment. It has a sense of style and grace only to be found in America’s most interesting city, within this New Orleans' boutique hotel accommodations in the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bienville House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville New Orleans