First of all up, this was a slightly more expensive hotel then we were hoping to book, but our hand was forced by availability given this was Wrestlemania week which is why we were here! However, for the price we paid there were absolutely no complaints with the quality on offer. Firstly the location is terrific, on Decatur Street which is in the heart of the French Quarter. It is walking distance from Bourbon Street, but not too close meaning you can still have some peace and quiet away from all the partying! Canal Street, one of the main streets in New Orleans is also just a few minutes away, as is the river front and river walk.
The room was a very good size with comfortable beds, comfy chairs, a desk, TV and a safe. Although there wasn’t a window in the room, there was plenty of lighting in the room from all the lamps and shades. You get a complimentary bottle of water on arrival, but only on your first day!
The bathroom is what you would expect from a hotel of this calibre, it was very clean and has everything you need.
The hotel offers a light complimentary breakfast of tea / coffee and a selection of muffins and cakes which were absolutely delicious. Similarly there was a selection of cookies and a lemon drink in the afternoon which also was very refreshing.
The main negative for the hotel is the single elevator, which you can end up waiting a while for and is also very small. However, there are no stairs for the guests, so even though we were only on the 3rd floor we had to wait for the elevator each time.
Overall I would strongly recommend Beinville House as an excellent place to stay in New Orleans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the French Quarter is perfectly situated in the heart of New Orleans, the Bienville House New Orleans hotel is perfectly situated in the midst of the historic French Quarter. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, the 83-room hotel is a truly distinctive downtown New Orleans hotel establishment. It has a sense of style and grace only to be found in America’s most interesting city, within this New Orleans' boutique hotel accommodations in the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bienville House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville New Orleans