“New Years and Anniversary Bliss!”
Review of Bienville House

Bienville House
Ranked #54 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
New Orleans
“New Years and Anniversary Bliss!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Unfortunately we could only stay one night but it was pure bliss! Everything was just perfect for our first anniversary get-away. Truly fabulous room, awesome patio, Fireworks over the Mississippi River, lots of champagne, a nice dinner a few steps down Decatur Street (made earlier reservations not realizing there is a restaurant at the hotel). Everyone at the hotel was so amazingly nice, something so rare these days, but they definitely have the art of hospitality down pat. This was New Years Eve, a terribly hectic time in the city, but they made sure we were treated like royalty. Thanks Bienville House for making our brief stay so wonderful! We will definitely be back (and now we know where to recommend when asked)!!!

Room Tip: 3 very important notes: 1) For fireworks (NYE & 4th of July) reserve early and request the 4t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
BienvilleHouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Bienville House, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Bienville House and took the time to share your great experience with TripAdvisor. It sounds like the perfect anniversary celebration! Please return soon to Bienville House for another great trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Hebrew first
Tuscaloosa
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Bienville House is very conveniently located within walking distance of the things we wanted to see and do in New Orleans. Our room was large and comfortable. All the employees were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor have a nice, large patio to enjoy if the weather is nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your comments about the luxury service you received at Bienville House! We aim to provide each guest with the same luxurious experience you described. Please come back and visit us soon!
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We visited this hotel while attending a wedding in New Orleans. We enjoyed a sundeck king room on the fourth floor which I would recommend. The staff was very accommodating and helped to make our stay very pleasant. In the past we have stayed at their sister property the Monteleone and will consider this property on any future visits.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback regarding your time joining us in December. We'd love to have you back for another luxurious stay at Bienville House!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was reasonably satisfied with my stay until I reviewed my credit card statement. A charge of $25 was added for possible damages. This would not have been an issue if I would have been informed of this practice. When I called to inquire, I was told it was standard practice. I've stayed in hotels all over the world and many in N.O. & have never been charged a damage fee. Although I was told the fee would be credited back upon assessment of the room, I wonder since the charge wasn't disclosed until I inquired. I'm left with the task of checking my credit card statement to ensure credit is issued.

Another issue -- I booked through Booking.com, when I called the hotel to confirm my room, they could not find my reservation. It was only after Booking.com called them that the reservation was found.

I was considering making this hotel my go to while in "The Big Easy" but doing business with them is not so easy. Buyer beware.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your time joining us. Your remarks have been brought to the management team for review. We do hope to see you again in NOLA soon!
Las Vegas
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed here 12/26 - 12/30/2013 for my birthday. In the first room, the tub didn't drain and then black stuff began oozing out of the stopper into the tub of water. It was pretty disgusting. They gave us a new room that did not have a window or ANY HEAT! There are no maintenance people at work on the weekends, so we were given a space heater for a poor substitute. There was no follow up by hotel employees/management. Everyone was "sorry" when we reported issues, but that really seemed like lip service. Customer service and room maintenance really needs work. The hotel bar closes early. The free breakfast tasted awful. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you endured during your recent visit to New Orleans and Bienville House. I am appalled that we failed so poorly in our responsibility to you as our guest. There simply is no excuse for the inconveniences you experienced.

Your comments have been brought to the attention of our Management for review.
I hope you will reconsider your impression of Bienville House and allow us another opportunity to provide you the type of hospitality, ambiance and service upon which our reputation is established and which you have every right to expect.
Marvell
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I have visited New Orleans and the Bienville House many times and always enjoy and cherish my stay. Always I look forward to my next stay. I' m called by name and my needs and desires are anticipated and met. I always want to stay longer.

• Stayed November 2013
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Great service and location. Upon check-in staff offered an upgrade. Has a very nice continental breakfast off lobby (that can be taken back to your room). Also, this is a historic landmark hotel. Rooms are luxurious. This hotel and the sister hotel, The Monteleone are my favorite hotels in New Orleans.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the elevator are handy yet quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased that you found Bienville House to be so comfortable! We look forward to seeing you again soon in NOLA!