This hotel is a great location for NOLA. The rooms very comfortable, great bed, nice linens. We arrived on a weekend when there were 3 wedding parties staying at the hotel. We did not get into our room until 4:30 or so even though checkin is at 3:00 p.m. Staff was very apologetic. The hotel is very quaint and cozy. Not too large and impersonal. Continental breakfast is not anything special. We were in a room that faced the fire station and had a step down the minute you walked into the door of the room.. I nearly killed myself when I walked into the room even though there is a sign on the door that tells you to watch your step. The trash truck also comes along at the crack of dawn if you are in a room that faces Decator street. It was still a lovely place. There are rooms on the 4th floor that have small patio's with tables and that would be a nice place to stay if I were to return to stay there. The front desk staff recommended a great place for breakfast right around the corner and we surely thank her for that. It was the Fluer de Leis cafe. I hold back from 5 stars as I was a bit irritated that we left early in the morning to go on a tour and did not return until nearly 3 p.m and our room still had not been cleaned. The staff came about 4 p.m. and we were in the middle of getting ready for the wedding. However on the day we checked out of the hotel we were a little after noon returning from breakfast and the front desk person was quite curt about check out being at 12 noon and when we went up to get our luggage our room key had already been disabled. I was irritated that the two days prior there was no rush to get us checked in or clean our room but when it was time to leave it was a big rush to get us out to clean the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the French Quarter is perfectly situated in the heart of New Orleans, the Bienville House New Orleans hotel is perfectly situated in the midst of the historic French Quarter. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, the 83-room hotel is a truly distinctive downtown New Orleans hotel establishment. It has a sense of style and grace only to be found in America’s most interesting city, within this New Orleans' boutique hotel accommodations in the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bienville House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville New Orleans