I was in New Orleans for a wedding and the wedding party had booked a group of rooms at the Bienville House and the more famous Monteleone just up the street. I chose the Bienville House because I enjoy the boutique atmosphere and I was fascinated with the pictures of its garden pool.
The place did not disappoint. The rooms were beautiful. If you're looking for a lot of space, this may not be the place for you, but the interest and charm were certainly present. Four post beds, the type of decor one would expect to find in the French Quarter, a spacious bathroom, and interestingly, the floor sloped upwards in our 3rd story room. Linens were impeccable, and the towels were slightly larger than typical hotel towels. The cleanliness was everything one would expect from a hotel of this caliber.
If you're staying in the French Quarter, proximity is everything, and the Bienville House is easily within walking distance to everything you'll want to do. Bourbon Street is just a few blocks away, the riverboat Natchez even closer, and many of the better restaurants seem to be within an eight-block radius. It's also just far enough from Bourbon that you may just catch a good night's sleep, though.
The only complaint I had about the place was at checkout. The bellhop took a $10 tip to ensure a taxi would be front and center to get us to the airport at 1:00. He then went on lunch and 1:30 rolled around, and with repeated inquiries to the front desk, no one could find him or a cab. The front desk ultimately remedied the situation, but this was a rather unpleasant end to an otherwise great stay. We very nearly missed our flight, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the French Quarter is perfectly situated in the heart of New Orleans, the Bienville House New Orleans hotel is perfectly situated in the midst of the historic French Quarter. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, the 83-room hotel is a truly distinctive downtown New Orleans hotel establishment. It has a sense of style and grace only to be found in America’s most interesting city, within this New Orleans' boutique hotel accommodations in the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bienville House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville New Orleans