Having only stayed at some of the larger hotels in New Orleans, we decided to try a smaller boutique hotel this time. We had booked a fourth floor sundeck room and I'm very happy we did. The weather was lovely all week and we really made good use of the sundeck. We had a table and chairs and there were lots of beautiful plants all over the deck.
Upon arrival at 2:00, our room was not ready. We were told they would call us when it was ready, but by 5:00, still no call. We didn't mind the wait as we just strolled around the French Quarter while we waited. We decided to go back and check on the room and it was ready once we got there. The room as a nice size, especially considering how small some of them can be in the FQ. The room was very clean, although in need of some refurbishment. It is an old building though. The carpet was very stained, but it did seem to get vacuumed every day. We did have a problem with not getting enough towels. There were 3 of us and we only received 2 bath towels, so we had to consistently ask for more towels each day. Other than that, no problems with housekeeping.
The room was relatively quiet, facing the river side of the building. We did hear the occasional horn of a passing train, which in the middle of the night, was a bit loud.
The staff was all very friendly and helpful. The free continental breakfast was okay, but nothing special.
The beds were a bit soft for my liking and rather small.
Overall, a very nice experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the French Quarter is perfectly situated in the heart of New Orleans, the Bienville House New Orleans hotel is perfectly situated in the midst of the historic French Quarter. Having just completed a multi-million dollar renovation, the 83-room hotel is a truly distinctive downtown New Orleans hotel establishment. It has a sense of style and grace only to be found in America’s most interesting city, within this New Orleans' boutique hotel accommodations in the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bienville House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bienville House Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville Hotel New Orleans
- Bienville New Orleans