“Great Location”
Review of Hotel St. Pierre

Hotel St. Pierre
Ranked #63 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I visited the hotel in April 2009... It was not an option for the day I stayed. The hotel's location was great! It was walking distance for a lot of tourist places. The only problem we had with the hotel is the walls are really thin. And our neighbor had the TV really loud when we were trying to sleep. No one came to help us so my friend had to go and ask them to turn it down. But other than that the staff was really friendly and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 11, 2010

Although this place has a great location right in the French Quarter, there are very few other perks about it. We paid about $170/night total, and my friend and I both saw plenty of other hotel options that were similarly priced. This hotel is rustic, to say the least. Bedding looked old and the bathtub/shower was slightly less than superb. In fact, the bathtub drain was obviously clogged prior to our arrival, and therefore filled up with calf-height water during each shower. After draining hours later, there was of course sticky gunk lining the bathtub. On the first night, my friend and I jokingly said we should "shake out the sheets" to make sure nothing was lurking in the beds. Much to our shock, there actually was a dark black bug/beetle of some sort in my sheets! It scurried off, and by the time I got some tissues to capture it, it had disappeared. I spent that night not knowing if I was alone in my bed or not. My friend also noticed in her bed that a drop of blood was stained on the sheets, and she knew for sure it wasn't from her. Revolting! The pools were decent but small, and I didn't see anyone using them (there also isn't anywhere to lay out). The staff wasn't rude or unpleasant, so that was a plus. The one nice thing, which I'm sure many hotels have nowadays, is free wi-fi that was fairly reliable. That was about the only perk of this place, besides location. I would not reccomend this place to a friend, and feel that there are likely many other similarly-priced options in the French Quarter that would be much more comfortable and much less disgusting.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank amz348
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed in this hotel and had a wonderful time. My husband and myself are not people who like the normal hotel establishments. This place was cute and gave you feeling of being in another time. If you are looking for a different place to stay then a run of the mill hotel choose this place. It is within walking distance to just about anywhere you want to visit in New Orleans. Only slight downfall was that the wifi was located in the lobby and couldn't accessed from your room, but that is not a huge issue. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed 5 nights in this very charming 18th-19th century conglomeration of cottages and typical New Orleans architecture. It was walking distance to everything in the French Quarter as well as to the downtown area across Canal Street and the Frenchman Street clubs on the opposite side of the Quarter. It was a couple of blocks from Bourbon St.- far enough away that the late night noise created there did not reach our ears. The staff was helpful and the maids compliant to our plans. Each of the courtyard areas were clean and pleasant places to sit and breakfast, read a book, or cool off in the little pools. The complimentary continental breakfast was adequate, although not spectacular, but food isn't difficult to find in the French Quarter, and I don't think they were trying to compete with that (one should always save room for beignets!!). Parking was provided, but not assured - during the week, we had no problems having a parking place when we returned from using our car, but on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we ended up having to park in a pay lot about 8 or 9 blocks away. That was the result of their parking lot not having enough spaces if the hotel was fairly full (we'd have been fine if we hadn't moved our car on Friday!). Every room was different in shape and size - ours had pretty new carpet, drapes, paint, woodwork, bathroom fixtures, TV, furniture with a really huge closet. The room did not include coffee maker, fridge, or microwave. I'm a history buff, and I really liked the place!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The website for this bed&breakfast was so misleading I would describe it as fraud. The place was nothing as it was described or appeared in their website. We went in our room and it took all of 5 minuites to leave. It cost us $150.00 as there was no refunds.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy44535
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I had a fabulous time staying in hotel St Pierre. The service was very good and I got a lot of tips from the front desk, they helped book a spot on various tours of New Orleans. The room was decent, if you are not looking for anything fancy - I was out most of the time anyway and just needed a bed to sleep on.

Yes, there was a bit of a mouldy smell in the room and the balcony window did not open, but the bed was clean and room was quiet, so you could get a good night's sleep. No cockroaches or any other critters were spotted. I really enjoyed the 2 outdoor pools and every night went for a lovely swim under the stars - perfect way to finish a long, hot day of sightseeing. Free breakfast is simple, coffee from a Thermos and doughnuts/croissants, but you will not feel like anything more in the heat anyway. If you want a nicer one - go to Cafe du Monde for beignets and chicory coffee.

I also really enjoyed all the jazz references in the hotel,Louis Armstrong actually stayed there once and the breakfast room doubles as a jazz museum. If they cold play some jazz during breakfast that would be even better!

Location is perfect for exploring the French Quarter on foot. I am a single girl travelling alone and felt very safe, despite of different warnings I received. Overall - I would definitely recommend this place for low key, solo travellers as well as for couples.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2010

This is an old school New Orleans hotel. They provided very nice and helpful service and a clean room. We were SEVERAL blocks from the sightseeing locations in New Orleans but a manageble walk for myself and two girls (9 and 12).
Parking is limited and I was advised to not move my car once in the parking area.
The beds were fine, the breakfast was donuts and coffee.
Rooms are small and very tight for 3 people - amenities not refilled (bummer).
The pool were smal and deep so not for little kids of weak swimmers.
They hotel had nice courtyards and a close but grocery so there was some visiting by the pool while the kids had a swim and others had a drink. Very relaxing and enjoyable.
I would stay here again probably - unless I found a similar hotel closer to attractions.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family