“Quaint, But not the Best.”
Review of Hotel St. Pierre

Hotel St. Pierre
Ranked #61 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed April 1, 2014

It is set in the cutest setting. But we needed to come to the front desk to ask how to get to our rooms. Rooms were small but that is understandable. But there was no coffee machine in our room, the other room our friends had, had a coffee machine, But neither of our rooms had clocks. The floor in the bathroom was not clean, even on the second day. It is so sweet, but definitely lacking. We also asked for a wake up call, and didn't get it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Vickie P, General Manager at Hotel St. Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your input, and the feedback from our guests is vitally important to us and we always want our guests expectations met upon arrival.
Per our comments, we've gone through the property and have ordered enough coffee makers for all of our rooms. We've also shared your comments about the lack of cleanliness of the bathroom to the housekeeping staff so that this will not happen again.
If you come back to see us again, I would love the opportunity to meet with you directly, so please ask me.
Vickie Powell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,803)

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We loved the Hotel St. Pierre and will stay there again. It is clean, comfortable, bright. Easily walking distance to all the action in the quarter, but away from the noise. Easy to get the car in and out without traversing the crowded quarter streets. Staff is very friendly and the hotel is under new management and being renovated. Our room had not been renovated yet, but still found it to be clean, well-done and the bed was very comfortable.

The breakfast area is bright and cheery, with a modern but historic feel, which they accomplished superbly. We had a small issue, but this group understands customer service. I was especially impressed by their handling of my issue and would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in a historic property!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathryn D
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The location is absolutely perfect. Close enough to bourbon street to feel like you're in the middle of it all, but far enough away for peace and quiet. The location couldn't be better, I felt safe in the area. The lobby and front desk area is gorgeous and recently redone. The bellman and the cleaning lady were absolutely amazing. Very helpful and hospitable. We were a group of 11 girls, split into 3 different room. The girls who had a room over near the lobby had a beautiful room... All recently updated. The rest of us, can't say the same. Our other 2 rooms were across the street from the lobby. While the size was ideal (living room area, bedroom, and bathroom were all very spacious)... That's where the good news ends. I'm positive the street out front was cleaner than the carpet, we all wore flip flops the entire time as the floor was too filthy to walk on. The air conditioner and controls were near then ceiling, and were not reachable even by standing on a chair. Thankfully, the weather was decent and we didn't need to adjust that much, although having the option would have been nice. There was a random exit door in the room, with a huge gaping hole that we had to cover with a towel, because we could clearly see into the adjoining storage/laundry closet. The first morning, we were awoken by very loud maintenance people in the adjoining room. They even pipped into some of our conversations. Very creepy. The 2nd day, the smell of bleach was SO strong in our room from the laundry being done on the other side of the towel, that it was hard to breathe. The furniture was dingy and run down. The bathroom sink leaked water all over the floor. The shower pressure was awful, and if they were doing laundry in the closet, we had no hot
water.
As for the people at the front desk..... So extremely rude. They problem started a month before we checked in actually, when they got the days for our stay wrong. I called to change it, and was greeted with attitude. Then was given a different price than originally quoted. When I mentioned that, the man promptly changed it, but not without coping an attitude and saying "okay princess! I changed the price". Total unnecessary attitude. This same man was rude to all of us.

Location was amazing, and this hotel has the potential to be amazing also, seeing the renovations across the way. the front desk staff needs to be renovated also.

• Stayed: March 2014
Vickie P, General Manager at Hotel St. Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

I am very sorry to read about the bad experience you had at our hotel. We recently went through some staff changes and I completely agree with your sentiment. I have passed along your comments to our Executive Housekeeper and front desk staff to make certain this type of experience is not repeated. Customer Service is the most important factor at the Hotel St. Pierre and we appreciate your feedback so that we can address any shortcomings.

Our company bought the hotel a year ago and we immediately began this historic renovation/restoration process. The work we are doing to preserve this important piece of our heritage is so important but please understand that it is a "process" and takes time. During peak season, we have to work around high demand so as not to inconvenience our guests. Many of our rooms have been completed. Renovation of our cottages will begin in early summer.

Please allow us to invite you to return once this phase of renovation is complete.

Vickie Powell

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were here for a few days prior to Mardi Gras 2014. We loved this quaint hotel. We had a clean, comfortable room and the price was good. Lovely reception area and courtyard. Staff good, helpful, everyone seemed to take pride in their appearance etc. Breakfast is provided and is not wonderful but certainly rates as ok. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Happy to recommend this to fellow travelers. Our room was up the steps on the far side of the pool...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robert C

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I want to especially thank you for your lovely comments about your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

March 17 through 19, 2014 I stayed in the Hotel St. Pierre in the French Quarter with a total of 9 family members and friends. It was perfect! I can't wait to go back again. We had four rooms off of one courtyard - two rooms with Kings and two rooms with two beds in each room, one on the balcony above and three on the ground floor. The staff all around the hotel were friendly, helpful and polite. The accommodations were awesome. Loved the bed, the hotel's history and heritage, the store across the street with a deli (got my shrimp poboy there!), that it was quiet, but only two blocks off of Bourbon Street. Two of my daughter's had just turned 21 (yes, twins), and they promptly bought "I'm 21" sashes; my husband and I celebrated our 30 wedding anniversary on St. Pat's day in NO just as we did our first night of our honeymoon! I can't say enough for how "just the ticket" St. Pierre was - the price, the location, the amenities, the folks. I think the many courtyards outside of the different rooms is what makes it such a great place. I loved wandering around all the walkways and courtyards. Check it out!

Room Tip: You don't need any tips to choose a good room, they'll take care of you!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank cmasson50
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This little jewel of a hotel enhances the New Orleans experience with its old historical feel yet updated comforts of modern living. The musical theme throughout the hotel along with the antique furniture adds that personal touch that says New Orleans. The location is perfect within walking distance of the revelry but far enough away for peace and quiet. A must stay!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Malinda W
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We were thrilled with our lovely rooms at the St.Pierre. The staff treated us with such hospitality and attention to our every need. We felt so safe and secure during our Mardi Gras stay.
The Coke machine took my money and a young man on staff told me to sit in the courtyard and enjoy my Poboy. A moment later he returns with a Coke---- He actually ran across the street and purchased a drink and brought it to our table!!! Now that is service that is over and beyond !!!
I certainly plan to spend more time at the St. Pierre.
Susan Bankston Anderson