“College kids only”
Review of Hotel St. Pierre

Hotel St. Pierre
Ranked #65 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed May 20, 2008

The good news is the hotel has a pool.....the bad news is the hotel management staff is so weak, the college kids are allowed to stumble home from Bourbon St and hang out by the pool until 1:30 am. The courtyard is small so most rooms are impacted by the noise. If you're looking for a decent nights sleep.....keep looking.

Stayed: May 2008
There are newer reviews for Hotel St. Pierre

Reviewed May 5, 2008

If you're looking for a generic high-rise hotel with a faceless staff and a dull but predictable experience that could occur in any city in the United States, Hotel St. Pierre is most definitely not for you! But if you want to indulge yourself in an authentic New Orleans/Old South experience in a small, quaint , French Quarter hotel complete with a cozy courtyard and unbelievably warm and generous staff, then quickly reserve your room here now!

Our connecting suites located upstairs above the pool were huge and comfortable and each featured refrigerators, (grab the most unbelievable New Orleans Po-Boy sandwiches and a cold beer at a little neighborhood grocery across the street!) large living rooms, and comfortable, well-appointed beds. The exposed brick walls lended an air of Old World charm and we appreciated the easy proximity to the charming courtyard where several groups of guests frequently gathered in the evening and swam in the small size pool. Free continental breakfasts each morning featured a wide array of pastries and New Orlean's own Community-brand coffee--and free wireless internet. Everything in the Quarter is within easy walking distance (try the wonderful corner restaurant "Eat" just a block away) and soak in the architecture, lush gardens, and pace of this charming area.

What made this experience immeasurably wonderful for us was the truly remarkable small team of hotel employees who genuinely cared about our comfort and entertainment. They seemed to truly enjoy providing outstanding service but rather than appearing "scripted" and "programmed", these local New Orleans folks allowed us to get to know them and it began to feel like we were staying in their home. Ask Coral about how life feels to her now that she, only just now, has finally moved back in her home after hurricane Katrina. She is a pure delight who clearly, like so many others there, prevailed against all odds and seem to celebrate life daily. Or ask Gary, the seasoned hotel manager about the best music clubs in town and the best restaurants for any occasion or taste--I doubt he gets paid extra to be the concierge! Believe me when I tell you that these people, along with Anthony, Gary, and Thomas, all have opinions about their beloved city and all are unbelievably great resources on what to do and where to go. Our satisfaction was their passion and we greatly appreciated the great amount of time each of them spent with us. Sit down at the internet computer in the charming and cozy lobby and just strike up a conversation with these folks--you will now begin to experience all the things that probably compelled you to visit New Orleans in the first place. Enjoy this surprising gem.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2008

It was my first time in N.O. and I l really enjoyed my stay at the St. Pierre. Nothing fancy, it's a place with old charm, though few amenities, yet it had everything I needed. Very clean room and nice staff. They set out a nice complimentary pastry tray and coffee in the morning. I enjoyed relaxing around the pool though I did not use the pool. I think they do everything they can to make you feel comfortable. My only complaint was the water pressure in the shower was low and the temperature luke warm. Otherwise, Burgundy Street is in a quiet area, out of the way, but not too far from Bourbon St. The only reason I may not stay there again is there are so many other choices, but for value, you can't beat it.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed April 9, 2008

Recently stayed at the St Pierre with a friend for a four night stay. Had in the past stayed at the W, the Royal Sonesta, and the Sheraton, and I can say that for the price, the St. Pierre is a great place if you are a traveler and not a tourist. If you are looking for something with a little charm, history, and basically a place to sleep out of the way, than the St. Pierre is perfect.
We had a room overlooking Burgundy St with a balcony accessed by the floor to ceiling window. Granted, the paint job in the room wasn't the greatest, and the window sill was weathered, but it was clean, the staff was more than friendly and helpful, and it was for the most part quiet. We did notice that the hallway noise was more noticeable than normal from inside the room, but it wasn't bad.
They are doing construction, so if you are staying during M-F, then be prepared for the possibility of hammering on the roof around eight a.m. We rose around that time anyway, so it didn't bother us.
All in all, we had no problems with the St. Pierre and would stay there again. If you are the type of person that needs every amenity under the sun, than head to the Holiday Inn. But if you want to experience a historical building and get a real feel for New Orleans, than the St. Pierre will do the trick.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2008

Wonderful time at the Hotel St. Pierre in the French Quarter, New Orleans. Charming and neat. We loved sitting in the courtyards and being right in the French Quarter. The clean, well kept rooms, in historic buildings, were very nice. Great value, perfect location in the French Quarter. We will be back for Satchmo Fest this Summer!
SJS in Dallas, TX

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2008

We were told the hotel had secured parking. A video camera is not my idea of secured. I wasn't about to leave my brand new Screamin Eagle Road King in a gravel parking lot with no fence or gate during Mardi Gras. Went to Bourbon St. and stayed at the Biene Hotel. Covered indoor parking and an award winning staff and only $109 a night. St. Pierre charged us $214. St. Pierre managerGary Morganstern was no help.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2008

I stay at the St. Pierre frequently. I love the location of the hotel and the quality of the rooms improve with every visit. I've watched the hotel transform itself from merely an adequate, clean place to crash after a night on Bourbon St. to a stylish, charming and comfortable historic property.

On my last visit, my room had just undergone a compete renovation, with new bedding, furniture, carpet, bathroom, complete paint job and new heat/ AC.

My only complaint was that I was in the main building across from the breakfast room, and there was a bit of noise in the morning. I didn't complain to the desk, and I'm sure if I had they would have asked the other guests to keep it down. But, to be fair it was after 8AM. So, I just strolled across the hall and loaded up on coffee and pastries and I was all set.

I've stayed in the large chain hotels and the historic hotels. I can tell you that no hotel is without some issue. The big hotels near Canal St. are noisy, the elevators are crowded, the walk back at night is scary and they lack charm. The St. Pierre on the other hand is in a quiet neighborhood and full of character.

You must decide what is important to you, but for my money I'll take quiet, safe, comfortable historical ambiance.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple