“we will alway stay here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel St. Pierre

Hotel St. Pierre
Ranked #78 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Olive Branch, Mississippi
“we will alway stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Patrick was GREAT! The staff member Patrick was very helpful and friendly. He was like our very own travel advisor. He sent us to the best restaurants and bars and we never had a want in the hotel that wasn't fulfilled. This hotel is very clean and romantic! I love the ambiance and overall feel of the rooms and walkways. We had a fountain outside our room and it was very peaceful to open our French doors and listen to the water or to sit outside at a table. We will always stay in this hotel!

Room Tip: Our room with a fountain outside was great!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CareySteele

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Hebrew first
Bagdad, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed two nights at the St. Pierre. It was clean and the staff was very friendly. There was a charm to this well preserved hotel. The next time we stay in New Orleans I hope to stay at this quaint little hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lynnrobey
Vickie P, Manager at Hotel St. Pierre, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thanks for taking a moment to share your visit at Hotel St. Pierre. Your positive comments about the staff and service are much appreciated. We really enjoy knowing that you had a great stay!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is possibly the worst place I have ever stayed at. The customer service was bad, almost worse than the small rooms. The stay was so bad that I am going to make a time machine and go back in time and warn myself not to stay at this hotel

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Amj91
Vickie P, Manager at Hotel St. Pierre, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to alert us to the issue that you dealt with during your stay with us. We have recently taken over this property and are currently working on our renovation plans and other concerns such as customer service training. Your feedback will certainly help us that. If you're ever back in New Orleans we would love to have you back to our hotel so we can show you some true southern hospitality.

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Felt like this hotel could not wait to have me check out.. My flight was leaving in the late afternoon so I needed to do something during the day to make time pass. The staff were rude and wouldn't even guide me in a direction of a good brunch place. I've never felt less welcomed at a hotel in my entire life and I've stayed at a fair amount of hotels. Find a different place to spend the night, the quarter is filled with lots of cool and wonderful places to stay, st. Pierre is just the worst.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Vickie P, Manager at Hotel St. Pierre, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay with us. Your feed back will be shared with the staff in our continued effort to improve. We have plans under way for the start of renovations in May of this year, and have started on customer service training. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. Should your travels bring you back to New Orleans, please give us another chance to show you true Southern Hospitality.
Fairhope, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Hotel was nice for the price..... great price from Bookit.com. Good location. However some of the front desk staff were not very friendly. Also they tried to charge us $36 per night for parking...even though my print out for the booking said "free parking if available" and it was available.........also the flyer that i picked up at Visitor information on the way there also said free parking ??
The room was supposed to be ready at 3pm it was not ready till 4pm and we had a wedding rehearsal to be at for 4:30 We looked in at the room several times to see if it was ready and the maid had the TV on !!
Carpet was old and sticky with an iron burn all the way through. I would stay there again for the same price, but not more.

Room Tip: Stayed in a downstairs courtyard room and it was fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Laurel, Delaware, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My first impression of the hotel was OMG what have I done. I reviewed the hotel before booking the trip but was shocked to see the narrow street and the barely noticeable hotel. New Orleans, French Quarter was on my bucket list so I booked for my 60th birthday. Upon arrival, we were shown to a functional and serviceable room. There were no amenities like a refrigerator, or even a headboard for the king size bed. The bathroom was tiny, I mean really tiny. But, the vacation was paid for so we decided to make do. The next day, we realized that we were in a French Quarter Gem. We were close to everything that we wanted to do and see, we were safe, had a nice courtyard, a grocery diagnolly across from the hotel, the staff was friendly, the room was clean and the coffee was good. I would have given another star if we would have had a refrigerator in our room. Even though my shower curtain liner was 6 inches above the tub and the European breakfast consisted of mainly donuts, I will definitely go back. If you are looking for affordable accomodations within the Quarter, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the cottages, and a larger bathroom. Some rooms have tiny ones, some have better one...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple