“Amazing dont believe the bad reviews... old world charm is at hand at this beautiful hotel”
Review of Hotel St. Pierre

Hotel St. Pierre
Ranked #64 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 22, 2012

ok, I admit that when I first read the reviews on the Hotel St. Pierre in NoLa, thats New Orleans Louisiana. I was a bit put off. But I must say I have stayed here twice now and have been so very pleased.
Every single staff member I have encountered from Management (Gary), Deskman (Troy), the man who carried all my bags (Oh wow he is strong!), the wonderful cleaning staff have done everything in their power to assure that the stay was not only pleasant but have gone above and beyond. Not once did i come in after being out walking or shopping and was not greeted in a pleasant and helpful way.
As for the hotel- now- this is not the hilton, nor a fancy top draw hotel. This is old world charm at its best. The hotel is made up of many smaller buildings and courtyards that have brick walkways connecting. Each room, I found to be clean. Yes sometimes there is some dust- but so what. It was a home away from home and comfortable. So, no its not new its not shiny but if I wanted shiny I would have stayed at the Ritz or Harrah's. I wanted old world charm, the real New Orleans. The carpets are a bit worn, the furnishings are a mix between antique and modern. Its amazing. I have loved every moment of my stay and I for one highly recommend this beautiful and rustic hotel.
I will tell you this, you get what you give in New Orleans. If your rude and have a better than thou attitute the locals will not take it. Be polite, kind and they will respond by giving you more than what you expect. People smile here, and ask how your doing- they mean it. Respond with a good morning or afternoon and be surprized by the smile and the responce you get.

Room Tip: There are many levels of rooms here. From a single with a small bed to a suite with couches and sepe...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Salemsight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2012

First off, the bell person was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. When I first got to the hotel, I thought it was just some guy standing in front of the hotel waiting for someone. He took me to my room, which was extremely small compared to rooms I've stayed in at such places as the Prince Conti and French Market Inn. But I made the best of it... the bed was comfortable... the bathroom was small but adequate. The bathroom door didn't close all the way, but since I was the only one in the room, I wasn't worried about anyone walking in on me.And they have two swimming pools which I used after spending a hot afternoon walking around the French Quarter.

The continental breakfast was okay... pastries, cereal, biscuits and coffee and free.
All in all an adeqaute hotel if you are looking for a place close, but not too close, to the excitement of Bourbon Street.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Bolivar, Tennessee
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I was extremely disappointed when I saw this hotel. The pictures on the internet were very misleading, because the bedrooms were not as they appeared. The bedrooms were small and appeared to be slanted. The furniture was old and the walls needed painting.The hotel was terrible it was a slum. I didn't stay at this hotel due to the deception of the rooms but the hotel manager refused to give me a refund. If you want a descent room PAY THE EXTRA MONEY!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Deloris B
Camarillo, California
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I love the old buildings and the feel of the quaint St. Pierre Hotel. However its age did show with scuff marks, dents in the walls, a tiny hole in the ceiling and spackling on the walls that hadn't been painted over-all in our room. Also, I tend to pay attenyion to cleanliness details and below eye level things were dusty-like baseboards and corners. Don't get me wrong, this hotel has its charms, but I wouldn't say it is 'top notch'. The staff, however, was extremely accomidating and helpful for our confusing first stay in New Orleans. So, if you are looking for a decent place to stay in a great location with a lot of character, then this hotel will do just fine!

• Stayed June 2012
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I'm very disappointed in this hotel. I understand old New Orleans buildings, but this is terrible! I needed a hotel close to my daughters performance arts school and found this on American Express travel. I booked a room for a week. The first room was decent, but too small. I asked to upgrade to a suite and this is the room they gave me. I paid around $170 a night for this suite. It has old outdated furniture, including one T.V. I asked for a T.V. in the bedroom and they said this room only has one in the sitting room. It is so hot here in the middle of summer and the air conditioner in the bedroom works, but the sitting room is like a oven! This room is dirty! The maids try do as best as they can, but the walls need repainting, floors need new carpet, and lots of cosmetic work need to be done! The swimming pools are dirty, and the continental breakfast was not the best. The staff is very nice, but the facilities need major help! I could have stayed at Place D'Arms, Prince Conti, Hotel St. Marie or even a chain for the same price!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Molah
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have read the other reviews here; all I can say is that we had a wonderful family vacation at the St. Pierre in March 2012. Our party consisted of four children, three adults, and two senior adults, spread over three different rooms. We were quite satisfied.

Sure, the rooms are old. This is an historic hotel, and this is reason that tourists choose to stay in the Quarter. One of our rooms was in former slave quarters. There are a lot of old details which cannot and should not be altered. Our bathrooms were newly remodeled. The air conditioning worked. And the rooms were quiet-- my own room was the closest room to the lobby. Everything was neat and clean. The WiFi was better than most hotels I've stayed in. We loved the charm, and the long, enchanted history of the hotel.

Burgundy Street (accented on the second syllable) is in the northern part of the Quarter, farthest away from the Mississippi River. It is therefore more quiet than other parts; it is also a further walk. The hotel has a security guard on duty most of the day and all of the night, which makes it feel more safe. The guards were always friendly to us, including our children.

Free parking is limited to a few spaces, and it is not likely that you will be one of the lucky ones. We had to park several blocks away. However, there is a loading zone that will allow you to check in and check out conveniently. (TIP: download and print coupons from centralparking that will cut your parking bills to $10 at the 1000 Iberville location in the old McCrory's. It's the closest, it's indoors, and it's monitored for security.)

The front desk was staffed by locals, and was helpful to us with all our needs. The continental breakfast was nothing special. However, the coffee is Community Club (delicious, local, and a couple of choices.) And our large family group used the breakfast room at night when we brought home dinner from a local deli in the Quarter.

I am an experienced New Orleans visitor, and I often stay at the Richelieu, which is another French Quarter hotel in the same category. The Quarter is old, and it dates to a time long before automobiles. If convenience and amenities are important, a visitor should stay in the suburbs, or be prepared to pay $300 nightly (or much more) for a major chain hotel down by Canal Place and the Riverfront. Parking can easily run to $40 per night on top of room charges. This is the context for my review of the St. Pierre.

The St. Pierre is a place where you can experience authentic New Orleans history and atmosphere for a more affordable price (we paid $109 plus taxes). When you make plans to visit the Quarter, you should use the same care that you would use in planning a stay in Manhattan or Paris. Space is expensive, parking is very tight, neighborhood roots go back for centuries, and suburban amenities are far away. With these considerations in mind, I think the St. Pierre is a great value, and I'd gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: It's 18th and 19th century construction, adapted to a modern hotel. Every room is completely di...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank CuriousExploreTravel
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

I would not recommend this place to anyone the place is so dirty and everything is so out dated the furniture looks like something you would find in a good will store the carpet is so worn out and dirty the curtains on the door are old and worn out the worse place we have ever stayed in our life we wouldn't even take our clothes out and put in the drawers we lived out of our suitcases while we were here. For the money it was terrible makes you wonder what they do with the money that make off people they sure don't use it to put back into the business to make the rooms better or to buy furniture just be aware it's nothing like the pictures on the Internet I would never ever stay here again if it was even the last place available I would just wait and come again when I could find a room somewhere else I was even afraid to go to sleep afraid of what could be crawling around on me while sleeping can't wait until I get home and take the hottest shower I can so I feel clean again

• Stayed May 2012