“Best BBQ in New Orleans”
Review of The Joint

The Joint
Ranked #23 of 1,990 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Can't wait to go again. The food is consistently delicious and the service great. We love pulled pork and theirs is some of the best we have ever enjoyed.

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

The Joint was recommended to us by some locals. Having travelled down from Vicksburg, through Natchez I was a little over ribs but having only just arrived and a little clueless we decided to give it a go.

I'm glad we did.

Trying to be as healthy as it is possible in a BBQ restaurant, my wife and I had the pulled pork salad. It was delicious! Heaps of meat, a little dressing and a good dose of salad.

We liked it so much and liked the look of the patrons meals that we went back a few days later. This time for the ribs.

Wow! The best so far on out trip. Great taste, plenty of meat and the sides were great. I only just managed to finish mine (and I only had 4 ribs)!

The bar has a good range of drinks, good atmosphere, friendly staff... And more importantly, great food.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

After 50 plus years, I had simply given up ordering brisket East of the Sabine River. Texas has brisket, the rest of the US can argue about pork and ribs. I am now working 2 blocks away from The Joint and can say I like what they do as much as the Stubbs/Franklins/Salt Licks that I craved in Texas. The Joint is just plain GREAT BBQ! If you have a craving for BBQ in New Orleans, this is the real deal... Also have a great bar and good sides (if they have the grits, git em). Nice patio outside. The "new" location is triple the size of the Poland St place they started on, and it stays mighty busy!!! Be prepared to wait... worth every minute of salivation.

1  Thank captdscott
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We asked the locals about a great place to eat. We normally stay away from the tourist traps. We were a little concerned on the way, the streets were getting narrower and narrower. When we arrived we pre-judged the appearance of the building. This is something one should never do, in New Orleans. The food was mouthwatering. I felt that we were enjoying a good meal in a old fashion juke joint. The staff was friendly and helpful. I was give a engraved pen by one of the waters. This is a dont miss place. I highly recommend the venture to Bywater!!!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Had the ribs and mac and cheese and wife had pulled pork. Very good meal and very meaty ribs. Just a little hole but very good. Would go back.