“RIB Heaven!”

Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Wisconsin, USA
“RIB Heaven!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This place does it up right! Simple, fun and oh so delicious! Good menu, prices and an all around fun spot. Just a neighborhood, corner restaurant with all you could ask for.

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Faaaaaaaaaannnnnnnntastic!!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Just delicious. Period. We had the "W special", which is generously heaped with both beef brisket and pulled pork, and both were smoked perfectly. Our sides were baked beans (also perfect) and coleslaw(fresh, crunchy, light on mayo...perfect!!) I think this was something like $12.99- such a deal. Two of us shared and were more than happy. The Joint is inexpensive, staff is friendly, the atmosphere is fun, the place is clean, and it's just damn good BBQ. Go there.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank mudpuppy_17
Garfield, Arkansas
“Fantastic, as Usual”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Yesterday, we went back to the Joint. We've been coming down to New Orleans for a visit for the past four or five years. The food is fantastic, the music is entertaining, and the culture is so unique. Each time we come down for a visit, we always go to The Joint at least once. We found this place when Guy Fieri featured it on Diner's, Drive-Ins, and Dives back when it was located on Poland Street. My husband got the rib and brisket combination place with baked beans and slaw. I got the rib and pulled pork combo plate with the beans and potato salad. We're NEVER disappointed when we go to The Joint. The meat just falls off the bone of the ribs. The brisket and pulled pork both have this wonderful, smoky flavor, and is pull-apart tender and juicy. They smoke this stuff until it is perfect in the back courtyard. Oh, to be a neighbor next door and smell that smoker all day and night! The smell just delightfully assaults your senses as you walk up to the place. Yesterday was my sister-in-law's birthday, so I got a slice of key lime pie and a slice of pecan pie for her and her husband to share. I never got their pie before. Both slices were delicious. Perfect finish to a perfect meal.

Visited October 2013
“Great BBQ!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I had wanted to eat at "The Joint" for a while and finally got a chance to. We split a three meat combo plate with two sides. We chose the ribs, pulled pork, and beef brisket. The brisket was tender enough to cut with a fork and the meat would fall off the rib bones. All the meat had a wonderful smoked flavor that wasn't overwhelming. The sauces were good, but a little too thin for my liking. Try it....you'll like it.

• Visited September 2013
Minneola, Florida
“Unbelievable BBQ, but off the beaten path”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place was not the easiest to get to, and if I had been alone I would have been concerned going down the streets of the surrounding neighborhood. My friend and I stopped into this place on our way home from NOLA, French Quarter, based on the reviews of others. It is a small place, definately something the locals are familar with. The BBQ was amazing. I had a platter with brisket and pork and my friend had pork and ribs. Both of us thought the meat was delicious. Very tender and a great flavor. I also had a side of lima beans which was possibly the best limas I have ever eaten.
I recommend this place if you have a car to get there.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AshleyFL03

Been to The Joint? Share your experiences!