“Awesome bbq!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Excellent ribs, chicken and brisket! Portion size is big so go hungry. Off the beaten path so you should probably take a cab. You will be able to start smelling their delicious meats a block away! Well worth the visit!

1  Thank batkitty5580
Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I live in Texas and I have had a lot of BBQ in my life, their brisket, ribs, and sausage were the best ever! The ribs fell off the bone. The Mac-n-cheese was also a hit with our family!

1  Thank KParnell
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Off the beaten path, we arrived by taxi from Canal St. I recommend the Paloma made perfectly by the friendly bartender! This is a tequila cocktail with Elderflower and grapefruit! The beef brisket was excellent with their BBQ sauce!!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went here three times in three days. Well worth the trip. I would recommend it to anyone. The ribs are the best I've ever had. I don't even like ribs and I ate them three times.
It was amazing.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

New Orleans has always been an average bbq town. Usually not many good choices as compared to other cuisines in this great restaurant city. I decided to try The Joint out during a business trip and was very impressed..sort of.

I ordered the half chicken plate with beans and potato salad. I also ordered an extra rib just to try it. The chicken was excellent. A large half that was tender, moist and flavorful. Even though I am not a rib fan. the rib I had was excellent too and any rib lover would be happy with it. What disappointed me were the beans and especially the potato salad. When you serve meats this good, the sides need to be up to snuff. The beans were just average (3) at best and the potato salad was dry and not flavorful (at best a 2).
Don't get me wrong, if you go here to eat you will like it. I just wish they would put a little more love into their sides as they obviously do their meats.

This restaurant only offers counter service and street parking.

1  Thank Mike60984