“I Love BBQ!”

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I Love BBQ!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Me and my wife were visiting New Orleans for a long weekend get away and met up with some people who both mentioned The Joint. The BBQ was amazing, the ribs are smoked perfectly and the mac & cheese was fantastic. If your looking for southern BBQ for a lazy afternoon then check this spot out. Service was good and the staff were very friendly. On our next trip back to New Orleans we will certainly be visiting again.

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
“Backyard bbq, really backyard!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Great bbq, plain and simple. Pretty far from the hustle and bustle on bourbon st but was nice for a break. The sweet tea was nice for a change, although they had a full service bar. Just good ole bbq with all the usual sides. We walked and found the city to be very interesting along the way!

Breda, The Netherlands
“Am I from another planet?!?”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I ate there last week. I am not going to make remarks about the decor, if you visit their site or read the reviews you now what to expect (rolls of kitchenpaper on the tables) and what not to expect (silver cutlery). Service is basic but good, friendly and fast.

However, regarding the food. I just don't get it. Why is everyone so screaming enthusiastic about? I usually give positive reviews but this time...I just can't. I had the ribs with the baked beans and some undetermined veggies. Veggies were ok but, well, undetermined. Baked beans delicious.

But the ribs......although the meat was succulent and fell right off the bone, the taste was, to me at least, really NOT ok. In fact, I found it difficult to eat, I just didn't like it at all. It was as if I was picking the meat right out of a used ashtray that was made of melting plastic. A wayyy too black and smoked taste with some strange chemical ring to it. Mind you, I love BBQ.....

I guess, given the large amounts of positive reviews for the Joint, I am just odd here and you perhaps should not give much weight to my review of this place. Maybe I was unlucky to eat a bad piece, who knows. But still, I had to tell.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank awismeijer
UK
“Yummy!!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Although this place is a bit off the beaten track, it is well worth a visit!! No need to dress up as it is a real spit and sawdust place but the food is fab!! The macaroni cheese is great but the real dish if the day here is the pulled pork sandwich and the coleslaw!!! I am salivating as I type!!! You should definitely check this place out!!! I'd go back tomorrow!!

• Visited August 2012
Mt Pleasant, MI
“Best barbeque I have EVER eaten!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a customer in a nearby bar (Vaughan's) so my husband and I walked a few blocks to give it a try. We had no idea we were in for the treat of our lives.
This is a cute little neighborhood place with a tiny bar. There is outdoor seating available when the weather is nice. You have to line up to order your food and it is delivered to your table. My husband had the beef brisquet and I had a pulled pork sandwich. Both were fabulous, however I give the nod to the brisquet.....OUT OF THIS WORLD!
Avoid the mac "n cheese side, kind of pasty, but the barbeque beans were wonderful. They close kind of early, 9 pm, I think, or when they run out of food.
If you love good barbeque, do not miss this place!

• Visited December 2012