“Am I from another planet?!?”
Review of The Joint

The Joint
Ranked #26 of 1,948 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Breda, The Netherlands
“Am I from another planet?!?”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I ate there last week. I am not going to make remarks about the decor, if you visit their site or read the reviews you now what to expect (rolls of kitchenpaper on the tables) and what not to expect (silver cutlery). Service is basic but good, friendly and fast.

However, regarding the food. I just don't get it. Why is everyone so screaming enthusiastic about? I usually give positive reviews but this time...I just can't. I had the ribs with the baked beans and some undetermined veggies. Veggies were ok but, well, undetermined. Baked beans delicious.

But the ribs......although the meat was succulent and fell right off the bone, the taste was, to me at least, really NOT ok. In fact, I found it difficult to eat, I just didn't like it at all. It was as if I was picking the meat right out of a used ashtray that was made of melting plastic. A wayyy too black and smoked taste with some strange chemical ring to it. Mind you, I love BBQ.....

I guess, given the large amounts of positive reviews for the Joint, I am just odd here and you perhaps should not give much weight to my review of this place. Maybe I was unlucky to eat a bad piece, who knows. But still, I had to tell.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank awismeijer

• Polish first
UK
“Yummy!!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Although this place is a bit off the beaten track, it is well worth a visit!! No need to dress up as it is a real spit and sawdust place but the food is fab!! The macaroni cheese is great but the real dish if the day here is the pulled pork sandwich and the coleslaw!!! I am salivating as I type!!! You should definitely check this place out!!! I'd go back tomorrow!!

• Visited August 2012
Mt Pleasant, MI
“Best barbeque I have EVER eaten!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a customer in a nearby bar (Vaughan's) so my husband and I walked a few blocks to give it a try. We had no idea we were in for the treat of our lives.
This is a cute little neighborhood place with a tiny bar. There is outdoor seating available when the weather is nice. You have to line up to order your food and it is delivered to your table. My husband had the beef brisquet and I had a pulled pork sandwich. Both were fabulous, however I give the nod to the brisquet.....OUT OF THIS WORLD!
Avoid the mac "n cheese side, kind of pasty, but the barbeque beans were wonderful. They close kind of early, 9 pm, I think, or when they run out of food.
If you love good barbeque, do not miss this place!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank RabidSpartanFan
Mobile, Alabama, United States
“YUM”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The best brisket I have ever had - melt in you mouth.....I may have become addicted on my first visit!

• Visited January 2013
Warren, Michigan
“You Have to try this place”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Hands down one of the best bbq places I have ever had! The food is out of control good. The prices are very reasonable for what you get. The restaurant is small and personable I love the decour. I can't pick anyone thing as my favorite because I have loved everything that Ive had there. In my favorite city this is one of my favorite places to eat. I never miss it when I go to NOLA.

• Visited March 2012