“Great barbecue ....”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had seen the reviews online and was determined to visit The Joint while in New Orleans, as I am a HUGE fan of barbecue! It was worth the trip - not quite as fabulous as I had imagined, but good. My husband and I both ordered the pork plate. The meat was delicious, moist and smoky. I was a little disappointed in the sauce. It wasn't bad ... just not great. For my sides, I ordered potato salad, which was wonderful, and mac and cheese, which was also good. I kind of missed the jojo potatoes I usually order at my hometown barbecue place. This was 2 miles from my hotel in the french quarter and a $10 cab ride. After eating so much food, we decided to just walk back rather than pay for another cab. Felt totally safe.

1  Thank Jessica C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Food is amazing! It's worth the trip. It's easy no frills great food. I love the fact they use a dry rub and allow you to sauce your own meat. I usually don't care for BBQ sauce but theirs is fantastic!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We made the decision to eat on the patio. BIG MISTAKE. As soon as the food arrived we were bombarded by flies. We had to constantly bat at them to save our food. After a few minutes, I put some meat on a paper towel and moved it to the far end of our little table. The flies were not as persistent in attacking our plates, once I did that. I counted 28 flies on the food, just to give you an idea of the enormity of the problem. Otherwise the food was good and the pecan pie the absolute best i have ever had. So go, but sit inside!

1  Thank BoyneTraveler
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Loved the place.It is hard to find. Not the greatest area of NO. But great food. And good service. I had the ribs They were very good. for desert we had Peanut butter pie. It was the best. It is serve yourself. and isnt the fanciest place in the world. But if you are looking for good food at a good price this is the place.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We found this place by happenstance as we were riding bikes around the Bywater neighborhod. I'm from Texas, so we get a lot of good BBQ, but this was outstanding! The pulled pork was smoked just right to where it wasn't dry and baked beans and mac and cheese were out of this world. If you want to get away from the tourist traps in the Quarter, this place is only 10 minutes by bike, or 5 minutes by cab. It's way worth it!!