“Bar-B-Que”

Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Bar-B-Que”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Excellent coleslaw! Wonderful bar-b-que beef and chicken. Quick service for takeout or for sitting in the back garden (a little small but perfect for us).

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Constance C

• Polish first
New York, New York
“Amazing BBQ, a charming little "Joint"”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Hands down, best pulled pork sandwich I ever had. Great atmosphere, very laid back, small, great prices. They have a charming patio in the back with a huge smoker - the ribs looked amazing too.
It is a bit of a hike from the FQ, take your bikes, or splurge on the cab.

• Visited July 2012
Troy, Ohio
“Great Food Service Prices”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Being unable to find Molly's Irish Pub in the French Quarter I recalled the good write ups for "The Joint" and the GPS indicated it was only two miles from our location. So knowing we could drive and find a parking place, we abandoned the search for Molly and drove to "The Joint". We ignored the outside appearance and proceeded in to have the best BBQ ever. Both my wife and sister were both raised in the south, Nashville and Memphis so were very familiar with BBQ. Me being from Ohio not so much. I had the 1/2 rack and my wife and sister the pulled pork sandwich. Both items were plentifull portions and more than we needed ,even though we were way past lunch time. We all agreed it was the best BBQ we ever had and the service and prices were also fantastic. We noticed a sign stating "The Joint" won the 2012 best BBQ along with some other awards. I would not suggest walking from Bourbon St. or The French Quarter as some of the reviewers did, but it certainly is worth the drive. I am still amazed at how good Tripadvisor has been in finding us hotels, attractions and restaurants that our outstanding.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank jnbxu
“This is true BBQ! Worth the drive!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I visited here after reading reviews on TA. The reviewers are right on target. This is the one of the best BBQ 'joints' we've ever visited. We're native Memphians & love trying BBQ in other places. Our expectations are high! The Joint met & exceeded the bar. I had a pulled pork sandwich with slaw & beans. It was good, smoked meat. The beans had a subtle kick to them, full of flavor. I wanted more when I was done to take home so others could taste what we had discovered. My husband had ribs & beans. The meat was tender with a 'delish' dry rub. You could see the smoke ring. It was so flavorful!! This is real BBQ! This is definitely our go-to spot whenever we are back for a visit.

1 Thank Peachymom2
“Best Peanut Butter Pie!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Barbeque was just ok. We've had waaaay better BBQ. If you can smell BBQ a long way off then you know the meat was smoking. Pulled up to The Joint and couldn't smell any BBQ smoking. Once inside it's a little old place but really clean inside. Restrooms were immaculate also. Potato Salad was divine and the peanut butter pie and pecan pie was to die for. Would return again for desert.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank gents112

Been to The Joint? Share your experiences!