“Hit the spot!”

Cafe Envie
Ranked #5 of 84 Coffee & Tea in New Orleans
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: It is local's favorite coffeeshop in lower French Quarter. Best breakfast in the Quarter. Great espresso shots, tea selection, delicious iced coffee, bagels, pastries and deserts. Free wi-fi in beautiful corner store.
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Great place for breakfast and coffee. After spending several days in NOLA we took a chance at going off the beaten path. SO glad we did! Left stuffed and happy, with little hurt to the wallet. Great place for breakfast, when you are looking for more than just beignets and coffee.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Thought we would get a quick breakfast, we are early risers. Not a lot of breakfast places open early. Found this little Gem right off of Decatur. I had a Spinach, Egg, Feta wrap for $8.25 and was more than I could eat.

1  Thank Collette K
Reviewed July 15, 2013

After an extensive search we have found "The Best Bloody Mary In NOLA", yup you guessed it at the Cafe Envie. We had not heard of the corner cafe before our research began. We did stumble upon it quite by accident; sometimes things just fall into place. Usually does a brisk business in the mornings with locals being the main customers dropping in for their coffee on the go or a scone. Very friendly staff and the usual crowd. If you enjoy a nice walk in the mornings this is your place.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was staying at the Wyndham in the French Quarter and enjoyed a pleasant walk down past Jackson Square to find this place. The coffee was top notch! The bagels were acceptable. The staff seemed friendly enough. There was an eclectic mix of tourists and locals there. I sat outside, sipped the good coffee and watched the Quarter wake up... very nice! I will definitely visit them again the next time I am in NO...

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Although I had walked by the Cafe Envie numerous times in our week in the city, I didn't stop in until our last morning in town. Located just a block off the end of the French Market, it seems like a popular place for locals and tourists alike. A coffee shop that also serves alcohol! Like so many places in New Orleans, there's a bit of everything here to suit all tastes. We had stopped in for coffee and a quick bite. Great coffee, a comfortable atmosphere, and the most creative breakfast take-out that I've seen in a long time - Breakfast in a Cup! What a simple, but efficient way to get food to-go. A cup with scrambled eggs topped off with bacon sticking out - cool! Whether it be for coffee, food, or a drink, the Cafe Envie is a comfortable local spot with lots of colorful characters that deserves a visit.

1  Thank Grousedoctor