“A Seventh Ward Treasure”
Review of Coco Hut

Ranked #873 of 1,954 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Bolton
“A Seventh Ward Treasure”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

You could easily overlook Coco Hut, a small storefront in between a bookstore and another store in the Seventh Ward. But you will be happy to find it. Our son brought my husband and me there for lunch. On the sidewalk out front a smoker was going full blast emitting an alluring smell. Inside the place is totally bare bones. You don't go there for the ambiance. My husband and son had jerk chicken platters which they said were excellent and I had a fantastic fish wrap. This is a neighborhood treasure that is worth a trip out of the French Quarter to find.

• Visited March 2014

“By far the best place hidden gem in New Orleans!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about this restaurant. My significant other and I absolutely adored the atmosphere, and we couldn't eat enough of the amazing food. Our server was so friendly, and the lady behind the cuisine (Mama) was just magnificent. We felt like we were invited into her home and she treated us like family. We have told everyone in the last month since we came home about it, and will continue to do so. If you go to New Orleans, you have have have to go to the Coco Hut!

• Visited February 2014
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Mother Nature KNOWS her stuff!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My girlfriend and I were so pleased with the service, hospitality, generosity, and deliciousness of this restaurant we're STILL talking about it. Mother Nature (aka, Mama) took excellent care of us, as did the young man who waited tables. The restaurant is very small, and respectfully, a hole in the wall that makes the BEST Caribbean Jerk chicken and shrimp we've every had. We sat outside and enjoyed one of our favorite meals of the trip! Thank you to the gentleman at our hotel that recommended the Coco Hut. It was phenomenal and so very unexpected.

• Visited February 2014
New Orleans
“The best authentic Caribbean food in town.”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Grilled and spicy, down home jerk and Jamaican food (jerked meats, ox-tail stew, curried stews, beans, plantains [green and ripened]). The food is made fresh and on the spot except what's grilled earlier the same day. I've only had gulf food this good at one other commercial joint (Reggae Hut in Houston, TX). If you're looking for Americanized versions of Caribbean specialties, don't go here; try the other places listed. This is the real deal and it's a 1-woman show (Mother Nacha).