“Great affordable breakfast”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Garden District
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Love the vibe of this place as much as I love the food. Classic jazz music and a diner atmosphere. Pumpkin pancakes with maple cream were wonderful. Also like the creative options on the menu. Breakchetta with goat cheese -- yum! Will try the crawfish cakes next time and I'm looking forward to coming for lunch/ dinner!

2  Thank kira_z
There are newer reviews for Blue Plate Cafe

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Went to this restaurant based on the good reviews I read on this website. The restaurant is decorated very cute and the greeter was welcoming and very friendly. I ordered a Cesar Salad and the Salmon entree. My issue is the entree was served only about 4-5 minutes after I received my salad. I had only taken a couple of bits of salad when my main dish arrived. I felt extremely rushed thru my whole meal by this waitress....who by the way was also extremely friendly. The Salmon was served with black beans. The beans looked like they had come out of a can. It was a disappointing meal.

1  Thank AbbeyRed
Reviewed January 4, 2013

On a friends recommendation I finally made it to the Blue Plate Cafe. He was right this is one of the best breakfast I have ever had. This is an intimate neighborhood restaurant that allows out of towners to feel like a local. While we were there we saw several regulars greeted by name as they walked in. The waitress was very good. Coffee was great and she kept it warm. The food was delicious. We had the Eggs and Cakes and Pancakes Bonaparte. Yummy!!! I was pleasantly suprised by the Eggs and Cakes. I'll be back.

1  Thank 64mustang
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went for breakfast. The menu was a good mix of classic and original dishes. I ordered the Southside omelette and was blown away by its combination of southwestern ingredients and perfect level of picante-ness. I tried one of the homemade biscuits just because I couldn't not try it and it was perfect. Crispy outside, fluffy and nice inside. Yum. The service could have been awful and I wouldn't have cared, but it was very good and friendly. I you're in the lower garden district, drop in and try it out.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place is awesome. The wait staff are the friendliest people ever. If I lived in New Orleans this would be my "Cheers" restaurant, I would eat there everyday and everyone would know my name. The owner / chef is very creative and has great daily specials. There is no lie that New Orleans has great food and this place would be a reason you can agree and confirm it to be true.