“Best breakfast I've had in a long time!”
Review of Blue Plate Cafe - CLOSED

Blue Plate Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Garden District
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went for breakfast. The menu was a good mix of classic and original dishes. I ordered the Southside omelette and was blown away by its combination of southwestern ingredients and perfect level of picante-ness. I tried one of the homemade biscuits just because I couldn't not try it and it was perfect. Crispy outside, fluffy and nice inside. Yum. The service could have been awful and I wouldn't have cared, but it was very good and friendly. I you're in the lower garden district, drop in and try it out.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place is awesome. The wait staff are the friendliest people ever. If I lived in New Orleans this would be my "Cheers" restaurant, I would eat there everyday and everyone would know my name. The owner / chef is very creative and has great daily specials. There is no lie that New Orleans has great food and this place would be a reason you can agree and confirm it to be true.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Everyone talked about the great food in New Orleans, and we could not find it anywhere. Wish we had eatten here. After we left town we heard how great this place was. Maybe next trip.

1  Thank DiscountCoffeecom
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We went there for breakfast while on vacation . Nice little cafe , waitress was nice . A little bit expensive , paid $ 32 for two breakfasts and coffees . Good Greek food !!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had lunch here while staying down the street. The place is small and crowded during lunch, but we went here around 2:00 pm and had an excellent meal for about half of what we wild have paid downtown. Plus the food and the toting we're just very good. I recommend the oyster and creamed spinach poor boy. There is also a an excellent macque chorus which I recommend as a side dish.