“Love them!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is one of the best authentic Mexican fast-food restaurants I have been to. I love their burritos which are always stuffed. The taco salad is to die for and their quesdillas are good also. I introduced my boyfriend to Felipe's and now he won't eat any other Mexican food. The service is always quick, even when the line is out of the door. Love them!!

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We got overwhelmed with the choices, but the food was fresh, and we left with stuffed bellies. Very inexpensive for the quality and quantity of food! A must see in new orleans if you want to get a break from cajun food.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Órale Felipe,

I went to your restaurant two years ago, and I thought it was okay, worth another visit. You see, as a native of New Orleans, I understand the ebb and flow of the restaurant business here, so I usually reserve my judgement until I have eaten somewhere more than twice. I have gone to your restaurant exactly three times, and will never go again after the third time. Here is why:
The 'cook' (food slinger) literally slapped the food on my plate, putting things on for which I did not ask while calling me dirty names in Spanish under his breath. I was charged over $30.00 for two burritos, and was refused my change. The cashier refused to sell me a beer (clearly seen behind the counter), smiling and telling me "we don't have any more beer... go to bar." She then insulted me TO MY FACE in Spanish. The bartender refused to serve me and three other patrons until we waited for at least five, maybe ten minutes (why did he do this? I saw no one acting impolitely toward him); he literally stood behind the bar giving us dirty looks with his arms folded (I have never seen a bartender act like this to quiet, patient customers in my life!). Then he poured a foamy, half glass of beer, spilling it on the bar, while looking at me like he dared me to say anything. Wow! Not only was I genteel toward your rude, unethical staff, but I did not even complain about my treatment -- I just walked out, never to return. Finally, you need to stop your employees from using profane language and racial slurs at customers. Some of us may not look like Spanish speakers to them, but that does not mean we do not Speak castellano. The only reason you stay in business is because you sell cheap alcohol to young Tulane students.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This place was amazing!We wanted to try some local fish tacos and our hotel recommended Felipie's. We had the best fish tacos! All the food was amazing. Wish we would have found it on our first day. I would recommend it to anyone. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

The food is tasty and reall!! Cooked & prepared right before your eyes. Prices are reasonable and table are always clean!! Two Thumbs up!!