“Delicious Voodoo Themed New Orleans Cafe”
Review of Surrey's Juice Bar

Surrey's Juice Bar
Ranked #18 of 1,976 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Garden District
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Yes, I have to agree about the cockroaches but at least they were dead, only a few in the bathroom and not in the food. You have to expect that in New Orleans, especially Magazine St. that roaches and termites will always be here! My husband loved his Costa Rican breakfast dish and me with my fresh fruits, large portions and home made poppyseed bagel had us back again. The decor is New Orleans voodoo with ok original art, a little primitive w/ wobbly tables,interesting servers with tattoos but friendly and attentive. Wish they would clean a little better as in the air conditioner intake duct...Lots of young locals eating here. Restaurant front is a little cryptic but look for the hanging sign.

1  Thank flsouri
There are newer reviews for Surrey's Juice Bar

Reviewed July 1, 2014

It was refreshing to find something healthy to eat in New Orleans. bohemian vibe and good juices (very expensive though). Service was not very friendly though.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

The whole family loved that place!
Loved the gumbo it was pretty awesome came back the next day for some more but they had something else. The shrimp and grits were yummy. My son loved the juices!

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

This place is a hole in the wall dive. There was a German roach crawling on the silverware and on our table. I don't care how "good" the people say this place is- roaches are a ref flag. Run the other way and dine elsewhere!!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

First of all, I LOVE the fact that I can order almost any freshly-squeezed juice known to man and that the Surrey staff will gladly combine them. (I had grapefruit and kale and it was wonderful; my husband loved his pineapple-mango-orange.) We arrived early and didn't have to wait, but there was a line forming upon our departure. The building is long and narrow and seating is limited, but if you do have to wait, trust me that it will be worth it. Service was prompt and polite. I ordered the crab omelet and it was delicious. Duck egg omelets were also available, and I'm sure those would have been equally unique and great-tasting. My husband had the boudin sausage and he wasn't wild about it, but otherwise, our venture to Surrey was excellent. Highly recommend!