“Yummy and fun!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Reminded me of small shops in Rome and Florence! You order at the counter and wait at a table. The staff is energetic and friendly. No wait (we were there at 6:30 pm) - ordered capuccinos for there, and pastry to go, sat and sipped our coffees (my daughter who lives here, I was visiting). Gelato looked so good, but we went for cannoli to bring home (full from dinner). Will definitely go again to try some gelato! Parking can be tough - we cheated and went around the block to Bienville.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I'm not a huge fan on ice cream but love a good gelato. Been to Italy many times and went out of my way there to make sure I had the best gelato. I have to say I was Impressed with gelato at this place. I had : salty caramel, pistachio and hazelnut flavors. Pistachio was my absolute favorite as it wasn't too sweet and just perfectly balanced. Definitely would come back here!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Small establishment but, as they say, "good things come in small packages". Old time ice cream served with smiles. Great place to take a special someone for dessert of just a sweet cool off.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We found this on TA and we took the trolly there, it is very convenient and right by the Carrollton Ave Station. We were curious about the high ranking on TA as a ice cream place and it turns out it makes perfect sense. It is handed over in family by 4 generations now I think and the first owner is from Sicily Italy, which made all the coffee, ice cream and dessert very Italian. And the staff there are just so friendly and fun. They gave us a lot of good suggestions on where to go and what to eat~

Reviewed September 30, 2013

To travel across the country to eat house made gelato made by a multigenerational family. The line is out the door with the locals patiently waiting their turn. I had the Italian chocolate chip,the name is similar to streaked but I can't remember the Italian . FABULOUS.