“italian pastry heaven”

Neighborhood: Mid-City
new orleans
“italian pastry heaven”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

opened in 1905 in the french quarter, moved to this location about 30 years ago, closed after katrina but had a line of people four blocks long when it re-opened. everything made on-site, my favorites being the mini cannoli, half vanilla half chocolate. an extremely hard to find dessert is baba au rhum and it is quite good here. brocato's is two blocks away from mandina's, another of my favorites in the city. venezia restaurant is steps away and all three can be reached by taking the canal streetcar. (i lived in new orleans for five years and also have italian citizenship, thanks to my italian grandparents and my mother who made many of the same pastries found at brocato's.)

1 Thank tom d

Pensacola, Florida
“Enjoyable!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is always my final destination when leaving Nola for home back in Florida.. Being from the NJ/NY area I always find Angelo’s a treat. The freshly made cannoli’s are great. I had a lemon ice that was like the ones from Jersey’s . My server Haley was very attentive and made me an excellent espresso. My co-workers loved the cookies.

neworleansLA
“Sweet little shop”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This little place is well run. The service is snappy and every surface is clean. The goodies are well presented and the hum of happy families at big tables adds to the appeal of the visit. I brought my children here when they were young and it's a tradition to bring them back when they come to New Orleans to visit. Great place to bring guests for dessert coffee. It really isn't a place to linger and its too frenetic and well lit to be romantic, but for families with children, or people with a sweet tooth it is "just the thing"!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfecto! Just like gelato in Rome, Italy!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Oh wow. Nothing has ever compared to the gelato I had when I was in Rome, Italy until I went to this place. I have searched low and high in cities from the east to west coast of the United States. This is it! I finally found it! THE BEST! PERIOD. they ship- I think I will order some by mail.

1 Thank culture
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Yummmm”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

As the temperature rises in New Orleans, Brocato's spumoni is a welcome relief. They serve some fantastic desserts and are a must visit for some unique treats!

• Visited January 2013