“Sweet little shop”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This little place is well run. The service is snappy and every surface is clean. The goodies are well presented and the hum of happy families at big tables adds to the appeal of the visit. I brought my children here when they were young and it's a tradition to bring them back when they come to New Orleans to visit. Great place to bring guests for dessert coffee. It really isn't a place to linger and its too frenetic and well lit to be romantic, but for families with children, or people with a sweet tooth it is "just the thing"!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Oh wow. Nothing has ever compared to the gelato I had when I was in Rome, Italy until I went to this place. I have searched low and high in cities from the east to west coast of the United States. This is it! I finally found it! THE BEST! PERIOD. they ship- I think I will order some by mail.

1  Thank culture
Reviewed August 20, 2013

As the temperature rises in New Orleans, Brocato's spumoni is a welcome relief. They serve some fantastic desserts and are a must visit for some unique treats!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Whenever we travel I check out Trip Advisor. Every time I check New Orleans an ice cream place rates very high. I was curious and since we had a car on this trip we decided to go. Hint, I also found out you can get there by the Canal St. trolly. One visit and it confirmed this place should be near the top. It is an old time Italian bakery and has some of the old favorites. But the ice cream and gelato are the stars. I had a scoop of salted caramel and Chocolate. To say it was awesome would be an understatement. They told me they tried the salted caramel a couple of months ago and can not get it off the menu, everyone loves it and I agree. If in New Orleans you must make a stop here, it is worth the trip.

1  Thank nvrdullTX
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I love gelato and after reading the reviews, I was so excited to try this place. While we enjoyed it, we actually liked the gelato at Little Vic's in the French Quarter better. It was a great place to stop for an afternoon treat after hanging out in City Park in the heat because it is close by but I would not make a special trip just to go to Angelo's.