“Ice Cream in New Orleans a must”

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 63 Dessert in New Orleans
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Tx
“Ice Cream in New Orleans a must”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Whenever we travel I check out Trip Advisor. Every time I check New Orleans an ice cream place rates very high. I was curious and since we had a car on this trip we decided to go. Hint, I also found out you can get there by the Canal St. trolly. One visit and it confirmed this place should be near the top. It is an old time Italian bakery and has some of the old favorites. But the ice cream and gelato are the stars. I had a scoop of salted caramel and Chocolate. To say it was awesome would be an understatement. They told me they tried the salted caramel a couple of months ago and can not get it off the menu, everyone loves it and I agree. If in New Orleans you must make a stop here, it is worth the trip.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank nvrdullTX

Piscataway, New Jersey
“Good gelato but not the best”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I love gelato and after reading the reviews, I was so excited to try this place. While we enjoyed it, we actually liked the gelato at Little Vic's in the French Quarter better. It was a great place to stop for an afternoon treat after hanging out in City Park in the heat because it is close by but I would not make a special trip just to go to Angelo's.

Visited July 2013
SLIDELL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ice cream delight!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stopped in on our way home from the Satchmo festival. This is a busy ice cream parlor!! Parking is kind of funky because you pull straight in front of the restaurant which means when leaving you are backing out onto a busy main street. Our family had spumoni, chocolate gelato and chocolate mint gelato. It was all delicious. Service was great. There were several people behind the counter and all of them were happy to see us. We will be going back! It's a delightful special family treat.

• Visited August 2013
Arkansas
“Spumoni!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

A native New Orleans friend brought us to this Italian ice cream/dessert/pastry shop. The spumoni was delicious! The gelato looked wonderful and I'll try it next time I visit New Orleans, because I definitely WILL be coming back to Angelo Brocato's again on my next visit!

• Visited July 2013
“Great Italian Bakery”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Me and my daughter try to go to every bakery we can. We have been to many Italian bakeries and this one is good. I feel like the pastries are average. I was really looking forward to the cannoli but, I was disappointed with them. I really did not care for them but, my husband said it was ok. The Tiramisu and gelato were very very good. Would definitely go back!

• Visited July 2013