“Ice cream delight!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angelo Brocato Ice Cream

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 55 Dessert in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mid-City
SLIDELL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ice cream delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stopped in on our way home from the Satchmo festival. This is a busy ice cream parlor!! Parking is kind of funky because you pull straight in front of the restaurant which means when leaving you are backing out onto a busy main street. Our family had spumoni, chocolate gelato and chocolate mint gelato. It was all delicious. Service was great. There were several people behind the counter and all of them were happy to see us. We will be going back! It's a delightful special family treat.

• Visited August 2013

Arkansas
“Spumoni!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

A native New Orleans friend brought us to this Italian ice cream/dessert/pastry shop. The spumoni was delicious! The gelato looked wonderful and I'll try it next time I visit New Orleans, because I definitely WILL be coming back to Angelo Brocato's again on my next visit!

“Great Italian Bakery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Me and my daughter try to go to every bakery we can. We have been to many Italian bakeries and this one is good. I feel like the pastries are average. I was really looking forward to the cannoli but, I was disappointed with them. I really did not care for them but, my husband said it was ok. The Tiramisu and gelato were very very good. Would definitely go back!

• 3 of 5 stars
Oak Park, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Place for a Sweet Tooth!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Delicious Delicious Delicious!! This place is amazing! They have a wonderful selection of pastries, including their freshly stuffed cannolis, puff pastries, cookies, macaroons, brownies, a beautiful pastry called a Swan, etc. They also have incredible gelato. The almond pistachio is my favorite! Honestly, you need to go hungry because you won't be able to choose just one thing! So many great things to nibble on! Or go with friends and everyone can share!!! YUMMMMMY!

Visited June 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Delicious baked goods and gelato”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a neat little Italian bakery with very yummy cookies, napoleons, parties etc. Wonderful coffee drinks and granitas too. There are many flavors of gelato it's hard to choose just one delicious flavor. The staff members are pleasant. The atmosphere is nice with old fashioned tables. We will make this a regular stop when in the area.